GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films that should be games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/10/00 at 12:57
Regular
Shaft. Imagine turning this film into a game. It would be fantastic. The soundtrack would be the Isaac Hayes Theme From Shaft, so would be fantastic. It would be a first person shooter, in the style of Doom, Quake etc, but set in a free environment. You would wander around the streets trying to track down clues to the crime that you're trying to solve, have shoot outs with gangs that you upset, beat up a few people to gain further information to lead you to the villians etc.

Alternatively it could be made in the style of most film licences of the 90's. You control John Shaft in a side scrolling platform, in which you walk accross a side scrolling enviroment shooting bad guys, and jumping onto floating platforms....
Wed 04/10/00 at 19:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I will try anything that doesn't have Barbie in it. Your challenge is accepted, I shall throw down the gauntlet at the feet of this rocket rider and defeat him. The reason I hate Barbie Race and Ride so much is that it is the first game my niece (7) ever got for the PSX, which I let her share from time to time with me. She loved that game so much, with it's cute ponies, easy learning curve, nice puzzles, Barbie and Sindy having races through the forest (aka Pod racing in StarWars but without the speed and excitement or strategic element), and the element of adventure encapsulated by the lure of attaining the "hidden secret level" at the end of the game. She played that game so much that I never got the chance to play on my own PSX for ages. The problem is now solved though. I bought her Resident Evil and told her that Barbie appears at the end of the game as long as you don't waste any ammo, so she plays that non-stop now.
Wed 04/10/00 at 19:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Why do you hate Barbie Race and Ride?

You should try lego racer. if you can beat the rocket rider, then I shall bow at your feet.
Wed 04/10/00 at 13:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Metal Gear Solid should be a film: You could have Frank ("Ohh Betty") Spencer mincing around as Solid, his brother Liquid could make a return (played by Bob "Ahh's ya farver?" Hoskins), and all of the cloned terrorists could be played by Homer Simpson; "Whose footprints are these? D'oh!" that sort of thing. It would make a great comedy.

How about John Cleese playing the part of The Paladin in Diablo II? He could do his silly walks as he traversed across the play landscape, and tell all his enemies that their father was a hamster.

And finally, you'll be glad to hear, what about Barbie Race and Ride? You could have Elizabeth Hurley as Barbie, and we could all dress up in pantomine horse costumes for her to ride over the tricky obstacle course stages. And we could help her with those fiendishly difficult puzzle bits. (Does anyone get the impression that I don't like this game? I hope so.)
Wed 04/10/00 at 11:05
Regular
"not dead"
Fogmaster, House on Haunted Hill was based on an earlier version of the film House On Haunted Hill, older than any game!
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:31
Richard Curtis would be quite good (did Four weddings/Blackadder etc) As long as it didn't end up like just william (not casting Bonnie langford would be a good start)

Also how about Last Ninja (where he falls in the lake every time he practices jumping off a boat - just like in the game) or Outrun - a road movie.
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:21
Regular
Actually, if done correctly, that might work... :)
Also, Skool Daze would work, if it was written by an imaginative writer... It could work well...
Tue 03/10/00 at 19:17
Or Jet Set Willy. Starring Hugh Grant as the hapless Willy and Molly Sugdun as his annoying wife who orders him to clear up all the bottles from last night's party. As Willy wonders around the house he begins to find rooms he never knew existed....
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:46
Regular
It was Street Fighter and it was shown on channel 5 sometime this year. Come to think of it, it stinked. It was a terrible film.
Zelda would be a great film if you had the right actors and identical areas.
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The Film with Jean Claude vaan Dame was either Street fighter the movie or mortal kombat, I thin it was street fighter, but i'm not sure if there was a film on it, anyway, they already made a game on that.
Most films now are based on games, House on a haunted hill was excatally the same as resident evil except for the charachters and a little change in the plot. I think there should be a film made from carmageddon, and Zelda but not a cartoon because I know that would be crap, and not like a Peter pan film(captain hook) because that would be a flop.
Tue 03/10/00 at 18:18
Regular
Pacman slip past the wall. He KNEW there was the superpill just around the corner, but he couldn't risk...
What was that!
Pacman edged himself around the corner... Ghosts. Two of them, heading straight towards him.
Pacman threw himself back. His heart was beating faster than a cheetah being sucked into a black hole.
He tried to get his breath back... he slowly edged himself around the corner again, and saw, just one ghost.
Where was the other one?
Suddenly, the ghost stared straight at his yellow face.
Pacman had no choice.
As soon as the ghost saw him, Pacman slid around the corner as the air beneath him could carry him, the gost started to head towards him.
Pacman crouched and slid directly under the ghost and grabbed the powerpill...
The stunned expression on the Ghosts face quickly turned into shock, as his skin had changed from bright green into a blue, and the ghost immediatly began to float as fast as he could away.
(At this point, some music with a strong beat would come in, it would focus on Pacmans smiling face, and the chase would begin...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.