GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films that should be games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/10/00 at 12:57
Regular
Shaft. Imagine turning this film into a game. It would be fantastic. The soundtrack would be the Isaac Hayes Theme From Shaft, so would be fantastic. It would be a first person shooter, in the style of Doom, Quake etc, but set in a free environment. You would wander around the streets trying to track down clues to the crime that you're trying to solve, have shoot outs with gangs that you upset, beat up a few people to gain further information to lead you to the villians etc.

Alternatively it could be made in the style of most film licences of the 90's. You control John Shaft in a side scrolling platform, in which you walk accross a side scrolling enviroment shooting bad guys, and jumping onto floating platforms....
Mon 02/10/00 at 12:57
Regular
"not dead"
Shaft. Imagine turning this film into a game. It would be fantastic. The soundtrack would be the Isaac Hayes Theme From Shaft, so would be fantastic. It would be a first person shooter, in the style of Doom, Quake etc, but set in a free environment. You would wander around the streets trying to track down clues to the crime that you're trying to solve, have shoot outs with gangs that you upset, beat up a few people to gain further information to lead you to the villians etc.

Alternatively it could be made in the style of most film licences of the 90's. You control John Shaft in a side scrolling platform, in which you walk accross a side scrolling enviroment shooting bad guys, and jumping onto floating platforms....
Mon 02/10/00 at 13:06
Regular
What do you think the Final FAntasy film gonna be like?
If the matrix is getting a game shaft should be also.
Mon 02/10/00 at 22:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
To jump on the survival horror genre bandwagon, this seems to be the in thing at the moment, they should release a game based on Sleepy Hollow. Thought the film was brilliant, and could quite easily be translated to a video game. If they took out all the comedy that was in the film, they could set about to make this a real challenger to Res Evil. It would be cool running for your life through forests escaping the headless horseman, or as a twist chase people through the forest as the headless horseman.
While on the subject of Horror, I read from a gaming site a while back that the film, 'The Thing' is to be made into a video game. This is a brilliant movie and should be good as a game, if they get it right.
With The Evil Dead on the way aswell it is looking good for Horror film/game translations. All we need now is for someone to come up with Halloween, Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th games.
Tue 03/10/00 at 08:27
Too late. Theres already been games based on Halloween (on the Atari2600), Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street (NES). The nightmare one is probably best.
Tue 03/10/00 at 11:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Did anyone see the films Leon or Nikita?? both directed by luc besson, both about assasins with a twist, they could be good games, or I think the movies navy seals could be quite good, or Hot Shots, but I don't know how they would work out the humour to give good gameplay.
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:18
... "The Cube"....

I realise a lot of people may never have heard of this film, and if this is you I can only recommend you watch it.
The basic premise is this, a group of people all wake up in a cube of rooms, most of which contain horrific booby traps to maim and kill them. None of them know each other, all of them had "normal" lives which they can remember, none of them know how they got there or how to get out. I can't say more of what happens because I would give the whole plot away.
Anyway, anyone who has seen it will know the kind of booby traps I am talking about, pretty fiendish stuff, and I reckon it would translate really well to a game, where you take control of all the characters, each of whom has a special set of skills. They could make a whole load of rooms and place them randomly each time you start to give good replayability. And a sinister atmosphere and plenty of gore would be essential.
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:24
I once saw this really good film that I thought would make a good film. it had Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue in it but I can't remember what it was called
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:32
Wasn't that the 90's version of Dirty Dancing?
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:50
It was nothing like Dirty Dancing! It also had that man out of the Adams family in it, and he could fly across the room.
Tue 03/10/00 at 13:51
I dunno, sounds like Dirty Dancing to me......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.