GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X-2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:21
Regular
FFX-2 isgoing to be releasedin Japan 2003 March.Its sort of Lara Croft Style, this time Yuna has guns and is dressed much more like a hot chick ;)
Ive got some wallpaper of it to just prove FFX-2 is no joke.

Paste this link: http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media8/
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Okay time for a quick FFX-2 update of all the relevant stuff I can find...

most of this is sourced from the FFonline forums.

Confirmed? ...

Final Fantasy X - 2 is a direct sequel to the original Playstation 2 RPG, taking place two years after Tidus and his companions defeat Sin.

Action elements, like dashing and jumping, have been added to exploration, but the game is still an RPG.

Tetsuya Nomura san is again designing the characters.

The mark in front of Yuna's chest is the logo of Zanakand Abes, Tidus' Blitzball team.

Yuna will travel with two other female characters throughout the game. One has been confirmed to be Rikku, and little else is known about the third charcater, except that she is NOT LULU. All 3 characters are presented in the official logo.

Many locations from "X" are viable in "X-2".

It is confirmed that there will be eight playable characters in Final Fantasy X-2, and while Lulu is NOT one of the three main characters, she will return in some role, possibly as one of the other playable characters.

A location that was destroyed due to some events in the previous game is now ruined and floated in the sky.

Action elements such as jumping/climbing were added onto field exploration. But since this is still a RPG, there'll be no falling to death...

Revamped battle system. Elements such as Overdrive and Overkill were removed.

Sphere Grid system was removed. Replaced by a new, unknown ability system.

There will be no "Rikku version".

According to the scenario writer, the game play time has not been set, so maybe the story will be long.

In the game Yuna's new costume is a gift from Rikku. The reason for Yuna's new image is because she is a famous summoner in the world, it would be inconvenient for her to travel to different places because everybody knows her, so she decided to change her appearance. In addition, the new costume is much more convenient for travels.

There will be no Aeons due to previous game's event. Yuna uses the two pistols for weapons, because there are no more Aeons at the end of Final Fantasy X, there is nothing to summon. (but that does not rule out the possibility of having Aeons in FFX-2).

This time the story will be less linear, you can already travel to many different places at the beginning.

The balance of the world is lost once again, due to the use of machines.

Scheduled to release in Japan in March 2003.

The quest begins at the Besaid Island.

It is reported that Wakka will be in the game, as he is present in the opening scenes.

FFX-2's protagonist, Yuna, will be joined by two other main characters, Rikku and a third unknown female.

Toshiro Tsuchida, who was responsible for FFX's battle design won't return to the development team.

The action elements on the field map will be executed automatically.

Characters can change their costumes in FFX - 2. Characters never physically changed in Final Fantasy X, because there was no way to alter their armor, except for one piece; in FFX - 2, this doesn't change... much. While changes of appearance aren't determined by what each party member is wearing, they are different depending on certain jobs.

Apparently, some sort of job system will be implemented in Final Fantasy X - 2 which, in turn, changes each character's visual status. Obviously, other stat changes will occur, which will be most apparent in battle.

The third female's name is something along the lines of "Pain" or "Pine" coming straight from the Japanese.

Just Rumours?

FFX-2 will use a new battle system called AMB (Active Motion Battle). It's based on ATB (Active Time Battle), but strategic and space elements are added, such that enemies can attack you from the front/back/side/everywhere. It also redefined the concept of "turn" and battle rules so this system will be able to create the tense atmosphere of battle field.

AMB is based on those three sides of concept:

1.) Tatical side: The battle will begin with this mode. Player can change character's equipments during battles.

2.) Active side: Character's commands. The character will execute the command right after you entered it.

3.) Motion side: The basic of AMB system. Like mentioned above, commands will be executed right after you entered them. So basically, there's not much difference between active side and motion side. For example, in order to protect the character who's casting magic, player can enter commands (change weapon/armor or attack) immediately after she casted magic. Or player can cancel all commands and switch them to Cure to stop the party from annihilation.

The battle fields are now in 3D, and characters can use the obstacles on the field to avoid emenies' attacks and vise versa. Magic effects are now given a certain range. Players are encouraged to come out with various tactics during battles.

Facial motion has been improved. (of course...after what KH had achieved...)

Four new buddies on your airship

"Mission Select System" - In this system, the story progresses by finding new spheres, hence revealing new locations and events.

"Active Link" - means the addition of special chapters/events. When player finished some missions, sudden/unexpected events may happen. If you made a different decision, other missions' Active Link events might be different or won't appear at all. Also, some of those special missions will require player to play it in a certain period or it'll disappear.

Finally, is it possible that a March 2003 release date in Japan should mean a September-November release in the US, and a March-May 2004 release in Europe and beyond?

Want more info and pics?

http://web.gamemp3.net/ffx2online/

http://www.dnaxcat.net/comm/viewtopic.php?t=1849

http://www.planetquake.com/tdk/YunaX2Enhanced.jpg

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=126

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/eSThAR77/rikku.JPG

Hope that makes you all look forwards to it lots, and keep your fingers crossed for a europian release.

Ros
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:46
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Oh I'm sorry about that FM. I'll try and get some of the more interesting disscusions going here.

Oh by the way. I've heard there are quite a few fake FFX-2 pictures circulating their way around the web, and certainly a fake of an FF12 picture, which I think was reported by upwire a month or so ago.
Thu 28/11/02 at 05:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
> Rosalind wrote:
> FM have you ever tried the Final Fanatsy Forms at ffonline.com.

Oh, and btw, I surfed over there earlier this morning to have a browse and it turns out that they've banned blueyonder.co.uk and hotmail.com e-mail addresses from registering, so I can't view the forums anyhow :(
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:53
Regular
"360: swfcman"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Because machina isn't seen as bad anymore, it looks like Yuna has
> dispensed with some of Yevon's teachings.

Ah, i hadnt really thought of that to be honest, its a pretty good theory to use too.

Im not really all that sure how a new games engine would effect the series in all fairness though. Im all for new things and ideas, but i really would prefer things to be left as they were, instead of a new 3rd Person shooter games engine. That wouldnt seem FF to me, especially, as i see it, they would have to get rid of the Battle Mode, which is one of the key features of the FF games for me.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:35
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> FM have you ever tried the Final Fanatsy Forms at ffonline.com.

Yes, but, taking into account the number of games that I play and the number of websites I have to surf by to keep in touch with the news, hints and tips, future updates and so on, I try to keep as many of my discussions as possible here so that it's all in one place and easier to keep track of :)
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:33
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
> My big question would be why Yuna is carrying guns? She didnt have
> them in FFX, she used magic and summonings, no need for guns. Whats
> happened?

Because machina isn't seen as bad anymore, it looks like Yuna has dispensed with some of Yevon's teachings. There's 40+ screenshots available for FFX-2, most of them contain machina in one form or another including what looks like the airship, hover bikes, machina weapons and so on.

The most interesting screenshot I've found so far is one where Yuna is holding aloft a sphere and the words "Mission Complete" appear on the screen. Is FFX-2 going to be some kind of 3rd person adventure game based on missions? I'm intrigued.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:26
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Rosalind wrote:
>
> FFM have you .....

*FM

I apologise

damn my typing :(
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:25
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
SPOILERS for FF10 and FF7************************************************

> I'm quite looking forward to it. My big question is will Tidus make a
> reappearance?

I'm of the opinion that he will make a reappearance, as we never saw him fully dissapear at the end of the game, and then see him in water later. I've heard some rumours that in this new game Yuna is going to find a sphere of him trapped somewhere (Bevelle prison in a similar manner to Jecht???).

What I want to know is if FF7-2 goes ahead will it have Aeris in it. She was one of the most loved Characters in the game, so much so that some people still believe that you can resurrect her (the idea helped a long by a rather cruel hoax starting how to make this happen). When would it be set?

SPOILER END *********************************************************

FFM have you ever tried the Final Fanatsy Forms at ffonline.com. I have recently joined and they have some REALLY interesting discussions, I especially love disscusing plot elements of the FF games. Even if you don't fancy joining it could be worth taking a look at the site. They seem to get hold of news and rumours fairly swiftly.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
My big question would be why Yuna is carrying guns? She didnt have them in FFX, she used magic and summonings, no need for guns. Whats happened?

I hope they arent going to take things too far and wreck the theme of this FF story line.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:17
Regular
Sheer coincidence but the first wallpaper out of those four just happens to be the background on my desktop at the moment :)

The official site for FFX-2 is at:

http://www.playonline.com/ffx2

I'm quite looking forward to it. My big question is will Tidus make a reappearance?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.