GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rant. (Not a lame imitation of one)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 11:26
Regular
In a bad mood so it’s time for a rant.

Bottled Water.
Why? Why buy bottled water? I resent having to shell out my money for stuff that falls from the sky. I’m not stupid, I’ve seen water falling down all the time, I don’t care if it has filtered through igneous bloody rocks in La Trine, Belgium or some poxy place. It’s still water. And I refuse to pay for a natural resource that sustains life.
Here’s an idea I’m patenting: Air.
It’s natural, good for you and only £1.99 for a 500ml bottle. Send me cheques and I’ll send you bottles of air.

The Gym.
Why is it the only people I ever see going to a gym don’t need to go there? Fat people don’t go to the gym, they stay at home or do step classes in local community halls because they feel embarrassed. Well to hell with that, why should only the rich posing yuppie gimps go to gyms, whilst those that need to hide away? Go mob handed, take over those little rowing machines and stair-masters.
That really, really winds me up. Why use a rowing machine? Why not go row a real boat? That way you get outside in the fresh air and can have a picnic as well. Stairmasters? Do me a favour, don’t pay £200 per quarter to use one of those in a gym, instead go to any inner-city tower block and run up to the 15th floor whilst delivering food to the people that cant afford to use those machines.
It’s not keeping fit, it’s keeping up with The Jones’,

Garages.
Now, I seem to be in a minority of people that go to a garage because I need petrol for my car in order to keep it running.
Most other people seem to go there to get their lottery tickets ( you are NOT going to win, it’s a plot to keep you inside on a Saturday night watching television,do you anyone that has ever won more than £1000? Exactly), stock up on barbeque fuel and other crap.
The only garage near me is now a Summerfield “One-Stop” thing.
Which means not only is the forecourt choked with cars not using the pumps, but I have to wait for 10 minutes to pay for petrol whilst some cow person buys 17 items in the “Fuel and 5 Items or Less” line.
It also means that gangs of stupid kids hang around outside asking me to buy fags for them, and get moody when I reverse over their heads as I leave.

There will be more to come when my head stops hurting.
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:43
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Nothing wrong with Bottled water. I drink
> a bottle of Evian every day, taste much better than the the chemical filled crap
> that comes through the tap.

Snap!

Never used to drink it - only started when I went to Florida last year. Haven't drunk tap water since. Well, only in tea/coffee - but that's boiled anyway.

Like you, the water in our area tastes and smells funny (and water isn't supposed to taste or smell of anything), and it also has little bits floating in it.

So my cold water - whether 'neat' or in squash drinks - is always bottled; Evian, Volvic, whatever - not fussed about the brand. I also feel much better for it - can't describe how... just generally.
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
A good topic:) Should win GAD.
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:23
Regular
RainierWolfcastle wrote:

"My old Chemistry Teacher reckoned that PURE oxygen kills you. More inclined to believe the hollywood movie machine than someone who thought learning was fun though!"

Right, as far as I know:

Pure oxygen will kill you. It's poisonous if breathed in at a high percentage of the air, you breathe.

If you breathe in TOO much percentage of oxygen, I think you get, the term is, narcosis, where it's a bit like being on drugs/drunk. Breathe normal air again, and you'll be fine.
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:21
Regular
"not dead"
You forgot to mention that Garages are the only place where you can by exploding pastries from Gingsters, which disappointed me. ;-)
Thu 07/03/02 at 14:15
"...Unicef pennies.."
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> Or†ega wrote:
> "Pure oxygen gets you high dont it?"

>Yes it does, and I learnt that from Fight Club! :)

My old Chemistry Teacher reckoned that PURE oxygen kills you. More inclined to believe the hollywood movie machine than someone who thought learning was fun though!
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Because your head was hurting, does that mean you were one of the 'youths' asking for fags outside the store?
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
of all things to rant about!!!
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Or†ega wrote:
"> Pure oxygen gets you high dont it?"

Yes it does, and I learnt that from Fight Club! :)
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jimmy Duck wrote:
> I think it just the way that all we want out of life is a bit of cash.
---

You couldn't be further from the truth if you jumped at night, blindfolded.
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> What, if you don't mind saying, has put you in a bad mood today
> then?
---

A number of small things and some bigger things.
Nothing I wish to discuss here though, no offence.
I'm writing it out rather than attack people around me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.