GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was I wrong to buy a PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 11:22
Regular
I recently bought a PS2, but with all this hype about new consoles like the X-box and the gamecube I need some reassurance that i was right to buy one.

I bought my ps2 cause I figured it would b a lot cheaper then buying a brand new xbox on the day of release with all the games and cables etc. Plus I reckoned the wide range of PS1 games would be a great bonus but I find that I don’t want to buy PS1 games for fear that they would be inferior to the PS2.

Please reassure me!!!! It’s unlike me to get sucked in by all the hype!
Thu 07/03/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The GC is a contendor, but the X-Box isnt. You have made the right choice in my opinion.
Wed 06/03/02 at 21:25
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I agree.

The PS2 was a far over-hyped console. Sony produced fake game demos that showed Photo-realistic gaming, flooded the media and then came out with what is a good, but not exceptional console.

However, the console has been out for ages now- didn't you do any research before you bought one??!? Like checking the competition out? You have no one to blame but yourself!

Sonic
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:42
LOL your name says it all! You must be mad questioning the ps2!
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Heh, you will get a biased answer you know :)

GTA3 was worth just buying a PS2 for, you have all of the PS1 games you can still play and there are loads of PS2 titles on the horizon. I felt a bit like you at one point, then saw all these other cool games about.

Just reassure yourself this way.. it's an entertainment system. It's a dvd player that can play PS1 and PS2 games. It will give you endless use even if you just use it as a DVD player for your bedroom :)
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you're enjoying it then you were right to buy it.
The grass always appears greener on the other side! In this case though, it isn't.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
What are you worrying about ? You obviously did some research before you bought it.

There are some great PS one games to play and though the graphics will not be as good as the PS2 games the gameplay is great. Things like Toca, Colin Mcrae and Final Fantasy will keep you amused for hours on end. I still play some of my original playstation games like Wipeout 2097 and the enjoyment doesnt change just because the console has been beefed up.

There are some truly great PS2 games - Pro Evolution if you like Footie is sublime entertainment, Jak and Daxter, GT3, GTA3 and the newly released platinum range - try Timesplitters, F1 2001, Dead or Alive 2.

I'm sure other people will add many more superb games that are out or coming out soon (MGS2 and FFX anyone!)

look at some of the other posts regarding GC and X Box. It will be worth waiting at least six months or more to see what happens with the games and prices etc.

You have made the right choice... (For now!!)
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
There is a version coming out for the xbox (with so called improvements)
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:19
"High polygon count"
Plonk wrote:
> The answer to all my problems? But what about when the
> "improved version" comes out on the xbox soon?

It isn't.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Craw wrote:
> Try plugging it in and switching it on then...

Your mad
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Try plugging it in and switching it on then...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.