GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was I wrong to buy a PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 11:22
Regular
I recently bought a PS2, but with all this hype about new consoles like the X-box and the gamecube I need some reassurance that i was right to buy one.

I bought my ps2 cause I figured it would b a lot cheaper then buying a brand new xbox on the day of release with all the games and cables etc. Plus I reckoned the wide range of PS1 games would be a great bonus but I find that I don’t want to buy PS1 games for fear that they would be inferior to the PS2.

Please reassure me!!!! It’s unlike me to get sucked in by all the hype!
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:22
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I recently bought a PS2, but with all this hype about new consoles like the X-box and the gamecube I need some reassurance that i was right to buy one.

I bought my ps2 cause I figured it would b a lot cheaper then buying a brand new xbox on the day of release with all the games and cables etc. Plus I reckoned the wide range of PS1 games would be a great bonus but I find that I don’t want to buy PS1 games for fear that they would be inferior to the PS2.

Please reassure me!!!! It’s unlike me to get sucked in by all the hype!
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Acid Casual"
MGS2
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Craw wrote:
> MGS2

The answer to all my problems? But what about when the "improved version" comes out on the xbox soon?
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Dont worry, you made the right choice and as Craw put it so beautifully......MGS2 :D
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:46
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Oh look there go all my worries, just floating out the window???? :oD I must admit I've done nothing since i bought the bloody thing!!!!!
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Dont worry relax...

if you buy games like MGS 2, Pro Evo, Jak and Daxter and many other games who all have great graphics..

you'll be fine
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Try plugging it in and switching it on then...
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Craw wrote:
> Try plugging it in and switching it on then...

Your mad
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:19
"High polygon count"
Plonk wrote:
> The answer to all my problems? But what about when the
> "improved version" comes out on the xbox soon?

It isn't.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
There is a version coming out for the xbox (with so called improvements)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.