GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory cards... 3rd party Vs official"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/11/02 at 03:05
Regular
After recently having a bad experience with a 3rd party memory card i decided to find out if i was just unlucky or whether official does mean best.

This is applicable to all consoles.

1. Which memory card do you own, official or 3rd party?

2. If your memory card is 3rd party what brand is it?

3. How long have you owned/used the memory card for?

4. Have you ever experienced any data loss/corruption or failed saves? (if yes plz describe)

5. If you own an Officially branded memory card would you consider buying a 3rd party brand in future if your existing card ran low on space?

Thankyou to those that take part, it will be interesting to see what results arise from this and maybe this information could be of some use to anyone contemplating buying another memory card.

Rabid.
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:29
Regular
"Remember me?"
No contest. Just go for the Official ones. One ALL consoles that use memory cards, I've had bad experiences with 3rd party cards. The Official ones are just far more reliable.
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I purchased an official one when it came out then I played Driven and for some reason it corrupted my mem card. So I next purchased a 64meg mem card with over 900 block on it! I use that for all my games (except Driven) and it seems to be working fine. Oh, I forgot to mention that the 64meg mem card is a third party one from Datel.
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:19
Regular
it depends on the price however i have two logic 3 cards for GC but backup data from one to the other, for safety
Thu 28/11/02 at 09:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Just always buy official mem cards! It's much simpler! Unofficial mem cards are just tooo dodgy!

:)
Thu 28/11/02 at 03:05
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
After recently having a bad experience with a 3rd party memory card i decided to find out if i was just unlucky or whether official does mean best.

This is applicable to all consoles.

1. Which memory card do you own, official or 3rd party?

2. If your memory card is 3rd party what brand is it?

3. How long have you owned/used the memory card for?

4. Have you ever experienced any data loss/corruption or failed saves? (if yes plz describe)

5. If you own an Officially branded memory card would you consider buying a 3rd party brand in future if your existing card ran low on space?

Thankyou to those that take part, it will be interesting to see what results arise from this and maybe this information could be of some use to anyone contemplating buying another memory card.

Rabid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.