GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII-2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
Right, I juts wanted to get some opinions on this. Comment on these points if you wish.

-Will it ruin what is possibly the greatest RPG of all time, or will it continue it's magnificint legacy?
Personally, I am deprived of FFVII and can't wait for something that bears the title again!

-What kind of plot should it follow?
Did anyone say prequel? No? Well I did! It's possible that it will follow Cloud's earlier days, with Zack in Shinra and all that, but then again, it would have no REAL substance. but SEPHIROTH would be in it! Woo!

-What characters will appear?
Rosalind touched on this elsewhere and personally I would like to see both Aeris and Sephiroth appear. Cait Sith would be a welcome return. Of course, Cloud has to appear. But what about the other guys.

-Where will it be set?
FFVII ENDING SPOILER- Remember the final end sequence where Nanaki is galloping with his offspring towards midgar, which is in ruin? Perhaps that could also hint at the plot. But a WHOLE game based on Red XIII? Come on! So will it be in the same world, or not? hmm.
I would like to see a revamped Gold Saucer(with out the piercing music!)

-Anything else?
Any facts about release etc? I assume it will appear on the GC?(why this forum then?! oops)
Any other opinions?

Thats all...
Seeya.
Raven
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:37
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
They did that with Final Fantasy X. Which they shouldn't be messing with either! Just give us FFXII already!
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:12
"Darkness, always"
Nah, from what I hear, FFX isn't up to the same standard as 7. A fine game in it's own right though, which FF9 can't really claim, being completely uninvolving.
Thu 28/11/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
I guess FF7-2 should be well left alone,Too many fans would be disapointed if they did destroy the story...but hey, what if they did do a good job of it?
Thu 28/11/02 at 20:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Actually FFX totally surpasses FFVII on the 'depth' front. It's an incredibly intelligent and adult storyline with lots of themes within one plot... if FFVII had a weakness it's that there were so many unconnected plotlines within the one story. It sort of lacks cohesion when compared to FFX.
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:58
"Wa-wa-west"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Nah, from what I hear, FFX isn't up to the same standard as 7. A fine
> game in it's own right though, which FF9 can't really claim, being
> completely uninvolving.

9 wasn't nearly as good as 7 or 10, but you can't really say it was uninvolving. At least it wasn't annoying and camp like 8. I really didn't like that at all after I'd gone through it once.
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:20
"Darkness, always"
Devro wrote:
> 9 wasn't nearly as good as 7 or 10, but you can't really say it was
> uninvolving. At least it wasn't annoying and camp like 8. I really
> didn't like that at all after I'd gone through it once.

My opinion of the FF series is different. FF7 was excellent (of course) FF8 was too short, and Ultimecia just wasn't dislikeable enough. FF9 I got bored of after about 10-12 hours. It just didn't keep me playing like the ones before 6, 7 and 8.

FF6, while graphically inferior, was huge, with loads of characters. A great game, but no FF7...
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:21
"griever"
i dont understand why no-one likes ff8 its the best it wasnt to short it had the best story battles and sub-quests
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:31
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
I have no experince of 5 and downwards, but I would have to say that I think that ff8 or ff10 is the best.

I don't know how you can say that ff8 was too short - it had 4 blimmin disks - longer than ff7 that had three!

I admit that ff7 had an amazing storyline, and that it is a decent quality game, but I prefer ff8, as characters, graphics, videos and bosses.
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:36
"griever"
i know why he thinks its short because its blimmin fantastic
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I'm against it really, because I don't see how any sequel could make it better in any way, or even do it justice. Square are thinking of this though, as they have said in numerous interviews that they are wary of making a game that doesn't fully match up to it's predecessor. We'll have to wait and see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.