GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conclusive evidence that X-Box is better than Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/03/02 at 20:32
Regular
X-Box has DVD Player.

Gamecube does not.

You can watch films on X-Box.

Ergo, it wins.

It may need three freight trains to move, but you can watch Dogma on it.

Argument settled, you are all getting an X-Box. Or a PS2.
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:01
Regular
"not dead"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Well I base my decisions on consoles on the games too.

Yeah, I hope you weren't thinking I was accusing you of otherwise!

I'm just sick of people
> whining and finding any excuse to slate other consoles and from what I've seen
> Ninty's seem to be leading the way in that.

Like the Xbox is huge and hurts your hands, etc

You get these types, and they're best ignored. (Or emulated to wind others up)
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:14
Regular
Thats crap about the Nintendo Memory card by the way.

Most Nintendo games only take up 1-3 slots on the memory card (59 slots on memory card).

Sure, Madden may take up quite a few, but who wants to play american football crap?

A few games like Pikmin take up somthin like 19 slots but that aint so bad.

Look at Smackdown:JBI on the PS2. Takes up 4MB of the 8MB card...
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know, but theres only so many topics you can put up with before they become extremely boring and aggitating. Its like 1 person will do it and you'll laugh along. But 30 new threads later of people trying to do the same thing, it just becomes very old.

Its almost like a notable or a well known regular will do it, then the herd of sheep that want to be popular will follow with their own threads thinking they are funny and "cool" because they want to be just like the ones who initially did the comments.

When the PS2 came out, I was one of quite a few that wasn't very impressed with the launch titles. I put my opinion accross and that was that. I didn't go around writing post after post about how crap it was, trying to get attention.

This X-Box slating is getting out of hand. People who haven't even seen the thing working have been hostile towards it just to follow the crowd. I think Microsoft have come up with some nice ideas with the hard drive, online capabilities, the chance to upload your favourite music and use it in certain games, etc.

All these things can help enhance your gaming experience. With the hard drive, besides cutting loading times in games, it will be able to do things such as remember things you've done in certain games. So if you for example blow a building up in a GTA style game, it will be possible for the hard drive to remember things like this so the surroundings remain the same when you go back to play again.

Surely things like these are good steps in gaming. Plus competition is good. After losing Sega as far as hardware goes, the industry needs another competitor to make sure we (the consumers) get the best games and deals. If Sony were the only company in the games industry, I doubt you'd ever see the PS2 come down in price like it has. There would be no rush for new consoles and ideas. Even the games would probably drop in quality as companies churn out any old crap to make money.

Companies like Rare and Konami (with titles like MGS2) make lots of money thanks to the likes of Sony and Nintendo fighting to secure certain titles exclusively to their consoles. If theres no competition, these third party companies will have to make money by releasing a larger number of games which leads to less time for teams to work on a title and poor quality because of it.

Microsoft will keep Sony and Nintendo on their toes and this will lead to us seeing a lot more excellent quality titles and new innovative ideas in our consoles.
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Or†ega wrote:
> Thats crap about the Nintendo Memory card by the way.

Most Nintendo games
> only take up 1-3 slots on the memory card (59 slots on memory card).

Sure,
> Madden may take up quite a few, but who wants to play american football crap?
>

A few games like Pikmin take up somthin like 19 slots but that aint so
> bad.

Look at Smackdown:JBI on the PS2. Takes up 4MB of the 8MB card...

And who are you to dictate which games are good and which ones are crap ? You might not like American football but others do and they won't be very impressed in having to pay so much to play it.

As for Smackdown on PS2, yeah it takes up a lot, but because most other games take up so little, you still get loads of saves. So really, Smackdown is comparable to your "not bad" Pikmin save. But nowadays, there shouldn't be a game that takes up a whole memory card (or more !) like Madden, with no doubt other titles to follow.

The first Playstation had titles that did this, but then they were the first to really look into memory cards (excluding the likes of the Neo Geo). A good few years have passed now and I think people expect a bit more for their £20 or more now when it comes to saving game progress.
Wed 06/03/02 at 18:39
Regular
Did you not hear me?

Halo.

Now all go and buy an X-Box.
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Stryke wrote:
> Did you not hear me?

Halo.

Now all go and buy an X-Box.

---

No.
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:08
People want games consoles,Nintendo are giving people just that with the Gamecube,Xbox is a enetertainment system because it plays DVDs and games.I'm still sticking with the Gamecube becuase I only want something which plays only games.If you want a Gamecube with a DVD player,then I'm sure you all know that Panasonic are making one WITH a DVD player.So don't complain about it.
GC RULES!!!!!!!!!
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Why do you never leave a space after the end of a sentecne?

You lose yourself a decent word count. :D
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:17
I've worded that badly haven't I?
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:18
Regular
but Halo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.