GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box, why does everyone dislike it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 00:08
Regular
X-Box, why does everyone dislike it? Most people anyway.

Before it was even released, it had nicknames worse than the fat kid at school. It was already being called “Fat-Box” “Doorstop” and I hear sniggers when the joke is popped,

“I’d buy an X-Box, but I can’t afford the room extension”

Har har har. So funny.

Ok, so it’s a big machine, but there’s lots of goodies inside it, like the wonderful 733 Mhz Intel Processor. Intel are proven to make good CPU’s. Then you have the 300Mhz X-Chip. Which controls all the graphic malarky. This chip was made in conjunction with nVidia who make solid graphics cards.

The X-Box also supports DVD, ok you have to spend Ł30 on a remote but its really worth it. It’s a superb DVD. Plays the DVD’s better than my separate DVD player that I have in my lounge.

First for a console, the X-Box has a hard drive, 8 gig in fact. Its so clever that you can transfer your music onto it, then listen to it during the game. Clever? I think so!

People may class it as a smaller PC. Nah, your wrong mate. X-Box will play games. Yet it has added functions. Like a PC. But you won’t find anybody doing their homework in Word on it will you now? Making databases in Excel? No no sir. A games console it is.

Anyway, why would you want to do your homework anyway? When you have such good games as Project Gotham Racing? Halo? Unreal Championship? Timesplitters 2 and now that X-Box has RARE (!!) working for them as well, you’d be a fool to diss it.

The controller is another joke object.

“Well, I have an X-Box with my room extension, but I now need bigger hands for the silly controller!”

Obviously. It’s a bit on the large side. But hey, it’s the most comfortable pad I’ve used for ages.

All the great pc games will be lifted off onto a super-sexy X-Box disc. Now with prices dropping worse than Italian football players you’d be a total ape if you didn’t have one of these machines sitting in your house, doing your laundry for you, making your coffee and tea. Its that good.

Some may think it’s a waste of time with X-Box2 coming up, but you can be sure as the screen that your looking at that the X-Box2 will be able to play X-Box games. Its almost written in stone, so you may as well start early and build up your collection of amazing X-Box games before they all sell out!

The X-Box also supports 5.1 sound. So get yourself a 5.1 speaker system, get out the drill that you got given last Christmas and drill the satellite speakers into the corners, put the mahoosive Sub in front of you, and let the other speaker roam around your room like it just doesn’t care.

Then carefully place the game into your X-Box, trying not to get blinded by the gold lights coming from it (Its made out of Gold. Duh.) and enjoy the amazing sound experience.

Actually. Rather not. Get a GameCube instead because X-Box sucks.

X-Box is pants. Hahaha :o)

GasMask

;o)
Fri 29/11/02 at 23:40
Regular
bcoz it smell of wee and it 2 big 4 ma smll baby finger
Fri 29/11/02 at 23:37
Regular
I could tell you why I think it's cr@p, but I haven't got all day, so I guess I wont bother.
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:57
"+ suspicious minds"
don't worry, here, have some coco.

I'm not Gay!
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Oh gawd look what I've done :-D
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
John.J wrote:
> It is because it only has three decent games Halo,Splinter Cell and
> Morrowind which are all on the PC or coming out on the PC and they are
> also cheaper on the PC.

By the time Hal and Splinter Cell come out they'll be old Xbox games, and the prices lowered to reflect that. So you'll be paying about the same, for games Xbox owners have had a while. Cool.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:44
"+ suspicious minds"
REALLY!1
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:41
REALLY?!
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:37
"+ suspicious minds"
britgamer wrote:
> Well I'm a Gamecube owner I always loved Nintendo. And even though I'm
> a fan of nintendo I think the Xbox is great. Its probally better than
> the Gamecube!

mah. your 'opinion' , as Sav tells me.

> The only problem with Gamecube is the games there bringing out. There
> all so boring! But Xbox they come with such bizare games like BLINX.
> And I quite like those kind of games.

okay, we got people complaining about the quirkynes of Pikmin, and Sunshine and other quality titles, and now we've got some chump WHO DOESN'T THINK THERE ARE ENOUGH!
Ahem *adjusts tie*

As well Gamecube don't have RARE
> anymore so I thought NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE NEED RARE! Because of the
> gamecube games being so short and boreing.

Mario is NO way hort and boring. and as well as the last Rareware blast being classed 'Halfarsed', they seem to forever go at snailspace. ah well, they made class games, good luck to them...*Mutter*

So I kind of wished I did
> get Xbox. But maybe a couple of years down the line when Xbox is a
> lot more cheaper I'll probally get it.

I'f you wait any longer you could very well probably pick one up with ten games for a fiver!
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:33
"+ suspicious minds"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Xbox is good.
> Gamecube is good.
> PS2 is good.
>
> Your points?
>
> Oh, and on the sales figures, Japan has always been a one-console
> society. In the 8 bit days there were more than a dozen consoles on
> the market - the Nes sold more than the rest put together (including
> the Master System). Same story for the SNES, Playstation and PS2. Fact
> is that most shops aren't selling ANY GC or Xbox consoles/games
> anyway.
>

so how have the GC sales Doubled?

> Elsewhere in the world, the Xbox is slightly up on GC sales.

it only just outsold the PS1 on japan!

> But who cares. The Dreamcast is one of the best consoles of all time,
> but died an early death.

go talk about ti elsewhere, and stop telling us of for making stupid comments to reasonable questions.

you'r spoiling ma' furn!
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:29
Well I'm a Gamecube owner I always loved Nintendo. And even though I'm a fan of nintendo I think the Xbox is great. Its probally better than the Gamecube!
The only problem with Gamecube is the games there bringing out. There all so boring! But Xbox they come with such bizare games like BLINX. And I quite like those kind of games. As well Gamecube don't have RARE anymore so I thought NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE NEED RARE! Because of the gamecube games being so short and boreing. So I kind of wished I did get Xbox. But maybe a couple of years down the line when Xbox is a lot more cheaper I'll probally get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.