GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For Those Of You Stuck For Christmas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 21:46
Regular
Those of you having trouble for Christmas presents look here:

1. Mario Sunshine
Okay enough said. Buy this now! Only downside is that it may prove too easy for some gamers. But no. 1 in the Christmas guide.

2. Timesplitters 2
Outstanding multiplayer. Beats Die Hard, Both Bonds and Turok Evolution. Words cannot describe the multiplayer. Single player a little short.

3. Eternal Darkness
I thought this would be a dull version of Resident Evil but it's better in my opinion. Insanity meter is amazing and the whole story line is great. But again too short.

4. Starfox Adventures
Although there have been terrible reviews of this game I think it's great. The fighting may be rubbish but the rest of the game is world class.

5. Super Smash Bros Melee
For those of you who don't have this get it. Now! Lasts ages and is great fun. But one player a little repetitive.

Hope it helps
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:35
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

>
> *please note I am not really for Fox hunting, I think it's a sick
> sport and should be banned....unless Starfox and his leper friends are
> involved*

But then we wouldn't have Starfox Armada...best to just jam their cockpit doors shut so they can't get out and have an 'adventure'
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
I am getting three games for Christmas, I was lookin at;

DieHard:Vend
Fifa 2003
Nightfire
MOH:Frontline
Super Mario Sunshine (Maybe)
Mario Party (Maybe)
And any others that people care tp comment about...

So any advice on what to get?
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
So anyone care to submit their top 5 for Christmas, maybe i will actually be able to decide before christmas!
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:27
Regular
I'd take Starfox and stamp on it repeatedly until it dies, after this crap game I reckon they should definetly keep fox hunting. Hell I might even be tempted to do some myself....

Die Hard's much better than Starfox, the controls are a bit cack but once you get used to them they're fine.

*please note I am not really for Fox hunting, I think it's a sick sport and should be banned....unless Starfox and his leper friends are involved*
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Not good at all control-wise. if you're looking for the next Goldeneye, forget it 'cos this aint it.

I'd take Star Fox Adventures out of the list as well. It's too easy and too crap. It's like decent wrapping paper - it looks nice but you're never going to have fun with it.
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:08
Regular
i heard good bad things, including controls.........
Mon 02/12/02 at 15:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
What 'bout DieHard:Vendettal, Anyone got it?
Mon 02/12/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
RiCkOsS wrote:
> Personally, I think Resident Evil, Worms Blast, Pikmin and Luigi's
> Mansion are better than Mario Sunshine.
>
> Worms Blast and Resi are longer and, even though Pikmin and Luigi's
> Mansion may be short, they're damn fun to play.

Better than Sunshine. You're obviously insane!
Sun 01/12/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DW wrote:
> I played Tony Hawks on the PS2 yesterday, and I was truely amazed.
> It's totally developed since THPS3. I only skated around Alcatraz,
> which was amazing. Add this game to your Christmas list folks.

Only Alcatraz? If you thought that was amazing DW, you would be in awe of the rest of the game! It's an amazing game guys, you should get it. I've had all the previous games, and this is far superior to any of them.

:)
Sun 01/12/02 at 12:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nighfire is supposed to be a very dissapointing game indeed. In PCGamer they said the action manages to be boring and the level design is bland, just like the last game. Pah, well one less game to worry about then.

For Christmas I'll probably like to get Timesplitters 2, It'd just be a great game to play on christmas day, especially on multiplayer. Which reminds me I must get two more controllers ready for when I finally get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.