GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sonic adventure 2:battle review"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 17:37
Regular
I was walking through sainsburys yesterday, and my eyes fixed on the march issue of NGC. I hadn't got it yet, so I went and bought it. In the car i was reding the review of SA2B, when i turned the page to see a BIG fat 70% at the bottom!! 70%!! I couldn't believe it! I feel that it is so underrated. I would have at least given it 85+. Any views on the review?
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I just read the cube europe review of SA2:battle. They gave it 9.5 out of 10. There seem to be mixed opinions on sonic. I just don't know which way to turn...help....
Wed 13/03/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Both the sonic games are just as fun as eachother. I have pre-ordered SA2:battle (GC) and have completed SA 1. They are apparantly great and are both a joy to play.
Wed 13/03/02 at 18:01
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I'd say the two S.A games are just as good as each other.

*waits for sonicrav to shout at him so takes out gun*
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edgy, SA1 was FARRRR bigger than SA2! Even if you didn't like some of the characters, Sonic and Tail's levels alone were about 5 times longer than the whole of SA2, and were MUCH faster!

Sa2 is not a little on the short side- it takes 2 days!

As for the extra GC features, I doubt that they'll enlarge the game at all!

Sonic
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:05
Regular
I found SA 1 a little on the short side, and found Big the Cat and Amy's games to be a bit boring.

Whereas I thought SA2 was the better of the two, though you're right in it being a little short.

However, the game on the Gamecube is meant to have a few more extras, like a large multiplayer mode, which I might get that game for. I've seen an official Screenshot from www.nintendo.com where you can even play as Chaos!
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:27
Regular
"accidental superher"
i didn't particularly like sa 2 either....i just couldn't stand the rouge and knuckles sections!!
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, for people who don't have a Sega console, I still wouldn't recommend it- it takes 2 days to complete all 3 modes! Better just to rent it first...

Instead, I'd spend your money on something like Luigi's Mansion, and wait for Sonic Team to make a new Sonic game for the GC- not just a conversion. Even better still would be a NiGHTS! game!

But point well taken- the game may be worth a look for non-DC owners, but I'd still recommend renting it first

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Listen, Sonicrav. The reason why you didn't like SA2 is because you've compared it to other sonic games as you're such a big fan of them. But, for people like me and possibly saviour of sheep, who may not have played many other sonic games, might find it amazing. I thought it was really good and haven't played many other sonic games. So, unless s. o. s has done the opposite of me, he might wanna get SA2B, as he also may not have a sega console. But I could be wrong.

I haven't written something like that since, well, never.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:25
"penguins in hawaii?"
Thanks for the advice. I still don't know whether i should buy it or not.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Look at my user name... now listen to my advice...

Do not ever buy SA2! It is the poorest sonic game I have ever player. Whereas SA1 was HUGE, fast and had loads of extras with 6 characters, each with their own stories, and some of the best bosses I have ever seen; SA2 is boring. It took me 2 days to complete, there are no extra tasks, there are few bosses, the levels are short and there are few of them. Even worse, the levels where you ahve to "search for the crystals" are sooooo boring! I wish I could just skip them... but you can't!

But a DC with SA1- a far bigger, more spectacular, amazing game.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.