GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomb Raider - A milked Franchise?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/11/02 at 20:45
Regular
I dont know about you, but im not sure its a good thing for more of these games to come out. Im getting the feeling that this franchise has been milked for too long now, and maybe its best if Eidos concentrated on similar games, but start with something new and refreshing.

Dont get me wrong. I love the first game and the second game more than anything. At the time they were something new that had not really been done before. The games just seemed huge with really large levels, the graphics were stunning and lara was a truly unique person in her own right. These first two were stunnas.

Then the third game went slightly off the rails, and i found the plot boring and dull, the gameplay was wildly too hard, and there wasnt enough different in the game to keep you hooked to it. It suffered badly.

Thats where i thought things would end. But no. Out came the film. It wasnt all that bad and was slightly enjoyable, but nothing special, and it just seemed that the franchise was being over used once again. Then the 4th game came out, and suffered many of the problems the same as the game before, only the plot got worse and this carried on with the game that followed that.

So if this trend continues, what can we expect from the new PS2 game? More of the same with better graphics? I hope not, i hope something new to bring the series back to the top is in place, i loved the first games and its sad to see this series seemingly die out. I really want Eidos to pull out all the stops with this next game, and not see any more rubbish come from them.
Sun 01/12/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Max Power"
i didnt realise
Sun 01/12/02 at 10:58
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
A milked franchise? Really?

D'uh.
Sun 01/12/02 at 11:43
There are some nice ideas there FantasyMeister, i do suppose that the ability to be able to play from either a 3rd person view of First person would add some new perspective to the game, and give it that little bit of life that its needed. There is no doubt that the graphical advancment that the game will have will be on a really high scale from the last game, its just a matter of hoping that Eidos dont feel that this will be enough to sell the game, and i hope they do something and give us something special this time around.

I have seen some more clips on an old DVD from one of the magazines where she is snooping around an office, then a police officer turns up and arrests her. Maybe there will be a whole new AI system, once again breathing new life into the game.

Its a possibility.
Wed 04/12/02 at 01:06
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2264

Some new screenshots.

Dont look half bad actually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.