GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Confirmation of PS2 Pre-Order"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/09/00 at 13:44
Regular
I got my PS2 Pre-Order confermation letter from sony today. Has any one else got there letter? if so can some one tell me if the customer order number on the letter is the number you are in the queue for the PS2?
Sat 30/09/00 at 13:44
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I got my PS2 Pre-Order confermation letter from sony today. Has any one else got there letter? if so can some one tell me if the customer order number on the letter is the number you are in the queue for the PS2?
Sat 30/09/00 at 16:28
i got the confirmation letter today too, i wondered if that number is the number in the queue, but there seems not to be an immediate answer......
Sun 01/10/00 at 01:03
I also got my confirmation from Sony, so it looks as if Sony are sending out confirmations to all people that have Pre-Ordered, but I have no idea what the Customer Order No is, would this be anything with the position that you are in the queue? Anyone in the know about this??
Sun 01/10/00 at 12:21
Is this "Customer Order Number" on the confirmation letter, or are you talking about the "Pre-Order Number" on the blue form? Are the two the same? (I don't have my confirmation yet.)

My pre-order form is numbered 0289526.

I recently e-mailed Sony (see the thread "PS2 pre-orders - official reply from Sony"), and their reply gives the impression that it's strictly first-come, first-served, and not related to the order number.

For example, if you'd ordered from your local Game (as I did), but Sony received your form before mine, then you will be ahead of me in the queue, regardless of whether your number is lower or higher than mine.

To process forms in numerical order would defeat the first-come, first served system, as the number on your form is a lottery; it would depend too much on which region received the first batches of forms.
Mon 02/10/00 at 11:57
Well, I got my confirmation this morning, so that answers my own question: the pre-order and customer order numbers are the same.

Nothing to do now but sit and be extremely patient.

And I thought the Japanese stopped their torture when the war ended! :-)
Mon 02/10/00 at 12:09
Man!!! I seem to be the only one to not have received their confirmation yet. Does it tell you what date you will be able to collect your PS2 or do you have to await further confirmation for that????

I sure hope that there will be a letter or Email waiting for me when I get home otherwise I am going to start getting really worried.

By the way have you seen the new StarWars screenshots that are up on PSx2central.com. This game is looking awesome and as a big StarWars fan I cant wait to get my hands on it.
Mon 02/10/00 at 12:53
No, it doesn't give a date. The following is from memory, as I don't have the letter here at work with me...

They apologise, but say they cannot give a date due to the demand. They do say, though, that you will be contacted again nearer the launch date to let you know when you will be able to collect your machine.

You are, however, *guaranteed* a PS2, and there is no need to order from anywhere else.

If your confirmation isn't waiting for you when you get home, don't panic just yet. Give it a few more days.
Mon 02/10/00 at 13:16
Babylonian wrote:
> No, it doesn't give a date. The following is from memory, as I
> don't have the letter here at work with me...
>
> They apologise, but say they cannot give a date due to the
> demand. They do say, though, that you will be contacted again
> nearer the launch date to let you know when you will be able to
> collect your machine.
>
> You are, however, *guaranteed* a PS2, and there is no need to
> order from anywhere else.
>
> If your confirmation isn't waiting for you when you get home,
> don't panic just yet. Give it a few more days.
Did you pre order from SR, or some place else? I oredered mine months ago, and still don't have my confirmation from Sony!! Only a letter from SR saying to expect to be waiting until Febuary, when I rang them about it they said if I don't cancel I'll more than likely get it sooner.ARTY
Mon 02/10/00 at 14:00
> Did you pre order from SR, or some place else? I oredered mine
> months ago, and still don't have my confirmation from Sony!! Only
> a letter from SR saying to expect to be waiting until Febuary,
> when I rang them about it they said if I don't cancel I'll more
> than likely get it sooner.ARTY

I had mine on a shop-based pre-order with my local Game store since late February/early March time. I had a feeling they'd be hard to get hold of well before the official pre-order scheme was announced.

Unfortunately, that doesn't place me any nearer the front of the queue.

None of the pre-order applications will have been processed until at least September 8th, I reckon - so be patient a little while longer.
Mon 02/10/00 at 20:23
Just had E-Mail back off sony.......200,000 units to be launched in the uk, high street stores will be the first to receive.......pre-orders only ! So as you can see, they are NO HELP what so ever. This machine better be good !!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.