GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Modem Drivers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 00:25
Regular
Argh!

Can someone please post the link for me to download the XP Drivers for the modem Freeola use in the MAXX PC's?

I know I've posted this before, but due some immense stupidity on my part, I've lost EVERYTHING on my PC this weekend and I'm having to start from scratch with everything.

Many thanks.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:17
"High polygon count"
Bob wrote:
> a monthly fee package with no restrictions on FTP access.

Thanks for that. I understand that you are still looking into it, but have you any *rough* idea of prices yet?
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:17
Regular
Sorry for the late reply. THe drivers we recommend are at:

ftp://download.reserve.co.uk/drivers/freeolaXP.zip

But you have probably just got the correct ones idrect from the manafacturer. As for cable modems we are looking into a couple of ideas. One is to offer ADSL and then other is a monthly fee package with no restrictions on FTP access.
Tue 05/03/02 at 22:41
"High polygon count"
Nope, I only know that they are looking into it. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned... as long as the price is reasonable!
Tue 05/03/02 at 22:10
Regular
Im glad it works, Do you have any idea when/if freeola are going to support cable modem logon.

c.b.
Tue 05/03/02 at 20:12
"High polygon count"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> They are the same drivers, just freeola must have added some self installation
> files or something.

Okay, I owe you an apology! The drivers were correct, and do work. The problem? Windows was not using them because they were not digitally signed. I've corrected that now, and all is well. Thank you. :-)

> i was also wondering what maxx pc you have?

P4, 1.7GHz.
Tue 05/03/02 at 16:25
Regular
They are the same drivers, just freeola must have added some self installation files or something.

we will see what you pc has installed the modem as,

i was also wondering what maxx pc you have?

c.b.
Tue 05/03/02 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> the link i gave you "is" the link that freeola provided

It's not the link they gave me when I originally posted a request a couple of months ago. That link was to an area on Freeola's own servers, and the filename actually had 'Freeola' in it.

> just in case you had the wrong download.

> http://www.puretek.com.tw/drivers/Pt-3515%20V2.13/Winxp/WINXP.zip

That's the file I downloaded and installed. The file from the link Freeola gave me originally had more files in it than this one, too.
Tue 05/03/02 at 15:42
Regular
the link i gave you "is" the link that freeola provided, it has to be the wrong driver installed, well as you said, have a look when you get home and post what driver is installed.

just in case you had the wrong download.

http://www.puretek.com.tw/drivers/Pt-3515%20V2.13/Winxp/WINXP.zip

this is the link to the download driver file.

c.b.
Tue 05/03/02 at 14:56
"High polygon count"
I do have cable! But I can only upload my website to Freeola using dial-up on their number.

I hope they're getting closer to cable access; it can't be that hard to allow password-secured access from anywhere and charge for it... can it?
Tue 05/03/02 at 14:54
Regular
Hmm, just get cable, that way you don't have to worry about it.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.