GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 17:48
Regular
My boyfriend tryed to install some copied games like blobby 64 that kind of thing anyway it wouldnt work so we deleted it but when i went to play on wolfenstein it had GONE all my games have blak and white, the sims everythink i was gutted.

Whats your worst incounter with ur pc???

i think that was mine on the gaming side of things ne way

:D
Fri 19/04/02 at 00:32
Cheers to everyone who replied i had to get a new hard drive in the end anyway but i wont try any copied games again thats for sure well not for a while anyway lol ;)
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
My worst experiance was when somehow my CD-ROM drive managed to actually break a disc, it put a slash right up the middle of it. No idea how it happened, and its never happened again. I thought maybe it was broke before it went in, but I've tried many times to recreate the 'wound' on those damn AOL discs you get, without success, not even putting my chair on it would break it with such a fine cut. Anyway, the thing that annoyed me most was that this was my Windows Disc :O so i was left with only a half installation of windows for a week. It was in the process of installing the network protocols, so I couldnt use the internet or my LAN, and half the games wouldnt work. I just played on my old desparados demo.
I've never heard of this happeneing to anyone before, so if it has happeend to any of you plaese tell me
Wed 03/04/02 at 03:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Piracy just doesn't pay...
Wed 03/04/02 at 02:10
Regular
The only real problems with missing sounds or somthtin would be with pirated DC games. Seeing as they are copied onto normal 700 MB CDs, while the DC discs have a 1GB capacity...so you are gunna miss out with some games which use the full 1GB.
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Rich-Xboxsource wrote:
It's a known fact that pirated software never works
> properly, and often the discs are infected with viruses that are often
> un-detectable or fixable by conventional virus checkers.

No it's not. That's just what the anti-piracy groups would like you to believe. Dependsing on how the game has been cracked, you may or may not miss out on some of the sound or movie files, but other than that there are generally no problems with pirated software.
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I had completed and got 118 stars out of 120 on Mario 64. I leant it to someone and when it came back all the saved data had gone !!! I was guted !
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I had completed and got 118 stars out of 120 on Mario 64. I leant it to someone and when it came back all the saved dats had gone !!! I was guted !
Fri 29/03/02 at 10:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I tried copied games on my PSone and I'm sure they ruined the damn thing. I can still play on it but it is slightly more buggered than what it was before. This is why I never try pirated software on my PC or PS2, I don't want the same problem to happen again.
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
babe wrote:
> My boyfriend tryed to install some copied games like blobby 64 that kind of
> thing anyway it wouldnt work so we deleted it but when i went to play on
> wolfenstein it had GONE all my games have blak and white, the sims everythink i
> was gutted.

Whats your worst incounter with ur pc???

i think that was mine
> on the gaming side of things ne way

:D

No offense babe but that's what you get for trying to install pirated software on your PC! It's a known fact that pirated software never works properly, and often the discs are infected with viruses that are often un-detectable or fixable by conventional virus checkers.
Sat 23/03/02 at 11:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I only have a 15 gig HD, but to me thats massive. Mainly because my old computer just had over 1 gig. I had to keep on uninstalling older games just to fit newer ones on, but now I can install just about every game I have in my collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.