GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the GameCube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
I`ve got a Game Cube and the graphics are really good!
I`ve got one game which is Super Smash Bros that`s really good as well!
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:08
I`ve got a Game Cube and the graphics are really good!
I`ve got one game which is Super Smash Bros that`s really good as well!
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:12
Regular
Have you thought of asking this in the Gamecube forum
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Max Power"
probably hasnt
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:00
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Is this some kind of post trying to provoke some sort of arguement between yourself and other PS2 owners? Perhaps?

Myself, i prefer the PS2, obviously as i own one. If i was to get a second console though it would be the GC as i like the look of some of the games on there, id also love to be able to play the new Resident Evil games too.

Its a decent console. Just not good enough for my first choice.
Sun 01/12/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
As the owner of both consoles, i would buy PS2, simply because it has better games.

Gamecube has good potential, in the console wars, and i think might catch up with the PS2. Is it true that Nintendo have bought out Capcom and Sega?
I hope they have.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:07
Having played both, and the X-box for that matter, and seeing the line up of games on all 3, i again have to say that i much prefer the PS2 to anything else. But of course most of the people in here are going to say that, and i am for the same reason that this is the Sony forum and most people in here are PS2 owners.

All 3 consoles have there Pros and Cons, but the PS2 stands out for me more than the others, hence its the one i choose.
Mon 02/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
J-42 wrote:
> Is it true that Nintendo have bought out Capcom and Sega?
> I hope they have.

No to both as far as I know. Capcom are making a handful of Resident Evil games for Nintendo, some of which are remakes, but then returning to all consoles, and PS2, with games like Resident Evil online.

As for Sega, they are a large independent company that developes games for all consoles.

A long while back the Bath University newspaper did a little article on the next generation consoles. They said X-Box was the most powerful, but made by Microsoft, so would fail. They said PS2 had loads of games, but nobody would buy it. Finally, and this one was funny, the positive points for buying a Gamecube were:

1) It looks lovely.
2) Sega make games only for Nintendo.

Must have been written by a woman.
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
УªÐ ©ow wrote:
> What do you think of the Gamecube?

I think it's great except it doesn't play PS2 games or DVDs so it's not a lot of good to me. I bought one for my nephew for Christmas though along with Super Mario Sunshine, I don't think he's ready for MGS2 yet.

(He's already got a GBA, we're giving him Super Mario Sunshine as his Christmas Stocking present then spending the next couple of hours apologising to him because Granny bought it and she thought it was compatible with his GBA but don't worry we'll take it back to the shop and exchange it for the GBA version after Boxing Day etc... he hasn't got a clue we've got him a Gamecube too... heh, we're mean...)
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:13
Regular
lol! He`s gonna be pretty happy in the end though I imagine! Having said that though, it would be even funnier if he said "But I prefer the Playstation 2!!" :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:25
"Darkness, always"
The only problem I have with the GameCube is that there are too many decent games coming out in too short a time.

I really can't be expected to play them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.