GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats Better PS2 or XBox"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 14:16
Regular
The Xbox in my opinion is best as it has an 8gb hard drive and 250MHz graphic chip the ps2 does hav 1 fing thats better and thats how it plays dvds when u buy the console and dont hav 2 pay more 4 a dvd enable kit. The PS2 only has 128 bit so it lacks in graphics

I have pre-ordered an xbox and cant wait 2 receive it from SR the games on X Box are better as the environments are larger. Whats better PS2 or XBOX???????????????????????????????????????????
Mon 04/03/02 at 15:30
talking of games - hear that ISS is coming out on Xbox before the world cup ... should be top. Might even make up for Englands v.early exit
Mon 04/03/02 at 11:06
Regular
"699 days!"
To be honest its all very well to churn out stats, but in the end what decides a console is the games. Which console has better games? Thats up for debate.
Sun 03/03/02 at 20:03
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Actually, the graphics processor in the XBox is 256Bit, running at 250MHz. This is *far* superior to the 128Bit GPU in the PS2 running at just 150MHz.

The CPU in XBox is a lowly 32Bit affair, but runs at 733Mhz. PS2's CPU is a 128Bit processor, but only runs at 300MHz. This makes them pretty much equal in central processor performance.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
What he is trying to say is that the X-Box has a separate 250mhz graphics processor so the graphics should be better on X-Box. Though anybody with half a brain knows that it's the developers skill at programming and the machine that determines the graphical prowess.

Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
XBOX RULZ wrote:
The PS2 only has 128 bit
> so it lacks in graphics

Same as the X-Box.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:37
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Aaah wonderful - the txt speaking JAT. Obviously, I think that X-Box is better both by specifications and games. In my personal opinion the launch games (especially those 1st party are great - most notably Halo and DOA3). Amped, PGR and Munch also rival and even beat most games on the PS2 even at this time in Sony's consoles history - all the better for X-Box.

Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:23
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
When is this debate going to stop????!!! Yawn.....

Anyway, it depends on what you consider as better. Technically, the XBox IS better than the PS2 - nobody can deny this. However, if it's immediate access to a lot of AAA games right away, then PS2 is streets ahead.

XBox will catch up though, but for the next year or so, I think a lot of XBox owners will be jealous of some games coming to PS2. With time though, that jealousy will surely reverse.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:16
The Xbox in my opinion is best as it has an 8gb hard drive and 250MHz graphic chip the ps2 does hav 1 fing thats better and thats how it plays dvds when u buy the console and dont hav 2 pay more 4 a dvd enable kit. The PS2 only has 128 bit so it lacks in graphics

I have pre-ordered an xbox and cant wait 2 receive it from SR the games on X Box are better as the environments are larger. Whats better PS2 or XBOX???????????????????????????????????????????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.