GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 13:56
Regular
When the PS2 was released in the October of 2000 there was a lot of controversy over the price of it and the games that we received for our money, Tekken Tag Tournament was slated over its level of entertainment compared to the hype that it got and the only major successful launch title was SSX Snowboard Supercross which captured our imaginations and gave EA another life line.

Ever since the release the games have taken giant leaps in the form of us wanting to get a quality title for our hard earned money.

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec was possibly the first PS2 title that was worth every penny and every PS2 owner who was a racing fan or who enjoyed one of the worlds greatest games went out and purchased this game from their local store. Ever since GT3 was released peoples estimations of gaming on the PS2 has sky-rocketed and we will now only except an A-Class game and nothing less.

Games carry a very expensive price tag, so when we buy a game we want to make sure that the title we are buying is worth every penny. We now review and look at games into great deatil before going out and buying them, we ask for other peoples oppinions and find out what they think is strong and weak about the game and if it will suit our needs.

The realese callender for the PS2 is looking extremly strong and some of the games that we have received over the last 6 months have been of the highest order an this years releases are looking very promising. This year we can look forward to the highly anticipated and superb DEUS-EX which is making its console debut after getting 32 Game of the year awards in 2000 and it is set to rock our PS2'. Tekken 4,Virtua Fighter 4, Tomb Raider Next-Gen, Stuntman, Final Fantasy X and XI will strike down onto our consoles in the near future, bot to mention MGS2 which is set for release at the end of this week.

Gaming is getting better and better and the consumers now have reason to get excited about a game instead of having mixed feelings on whether the game can strike the right balance of both excellent gameplay and ground-breaking graphics.

Games on the PS2 are now photo-genic with their graphics and game companies are now employing Hoolywood directors to apply their knowledge to games, Max Payne is one of the first titles that is going to be turned from a game into a film instead of the other way around and the makers of MGS2 have employed the fantasticly tallented 'Harry Gregson' to supply the music for MGS2. Gregson is famous for 'Armeggedon' and other top Hollywood films.

Cut-scenes in games are becoming longer and more detailed and they give us a back-ground incite into the characters we are playing with and fighting against. The cut-scenes are having mixed recpeptions due to their extensive length but deep down they apply a film to the game we are playing.

At this rate gaming is going to sky-rocket even further and in a few years time we will be watching The 'Oscars' for gaming excellence and instead of having world renoun actors/actresses like 'Russel Crow' and 'Julia Roberts' we will be prasing 'Solid Snake' and 'Dante' for their services in gaming, I know it sounds a bit far fetched but it will happen at the rate the gaming industry is growing at.

Value for money is no-longer a question when we buy games like 'Grand Theft Auto 3' becuase we know that we will receive a blockbuster title that we will play for months on end.

What do you think about the gaming industry on the ps2? Do you agree that games have good reason to be excited about? Or do you think that we should receive more than what we are getting? Please tell me what your feelings are about the PS2 and do you think that the year ahead is one to get excited about, because I certaintly do!
Sun 03/03/02 at 13:56
When the PS2 was released in the October of 2000 there was a lot of controversy over the price of it and the games that we received for our money, Tekken Tag Tournament was slated over its level of entertainment compared to the hype that it got and the only major successful launch title was SSX Snowboard Supercross which captured our imaginations and gave EA another life line.

Ever since the release the games have taken giant leaps in the form of us wanting to get a quality title for our hard earned money.

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec was possibly the first PS2 title that was worth every penny and every PS2 owner who was a racing fan or who enjoyed one of the worlds greatest games went out and purchased this game from their local store. Ever since GT3 was released peoples estimations of gaming on the PS2 has sky-rocketed and we will now only except an A-Class game and nothing less.

Games carry a very expensive price tag, so when we buy a game we want to make sure that the title we are buying is worth every penny. We now review and look at games into great deatil before going out and buying them, we ask for other peoples oppinions and find out what they think is strong and weak about the game and if it will suit our needs.

The realese callender for the PS2 is looking extremly strong and some of the games that we have received over the last 6 months have been of the highest order an this years releases are looking very promising. This year we can look forward to the highly anticipated and superb DEUS-EX which is making its console debut after getting 32 Game of the year awards in 2000 and it is set to rock our PS2'. Tekken 4,Virtua Fighter 4, Tomb Raider Next-Gen, Stuntman, Final Fantasy X and XI will strike down onto our consoles in the near future, bot to mention MGS2 which is set for release at the end of this week.

Gaming is getting better and better and the consumers now have reason to get excited about a game instead of having mixed feelings on whether the game can strike the right balance of both excellent gameplay and ground-breaking graphics.

Games on the PS2 are now photo-genic with their graphics and game companies are now employing Hoolywood directors to apply their knowledge to games, Max Payne is one of the first titles that is going to be turned from a game into a film instead of the other way around and the makers of MGS2 have employed the fantasticly tallented 'Harry Gregson' to supply the music for MGS2. Gregson is famous for 'Armeggedon' and other top Hollywood films.

Cut-scenes in games are becoming longer and more detailed and they give us a back-ground incite into the characters we are playing with and fighting against. The cut-scenes are having mixed recpeptions due to their extensive length but deep down they apply a film to the game we are playing.

At this rate gaming is going to sky-rocket even further and in a few years time we will be watching The 'Oscars' for gaming excellence and instead of having world renoun actors/actresses like 'Russel Crow' and 'Julia Roberts' we will be prasing 'Solid Snake' and 'Dante' for their services in gaming, I know it sounds a bit far fetched but it will happen at the rate the gaming industry is growing at.

Value for money is no-longer a question when we buy games like 'Grand Theft Auto 3' becuase we know that we will receive a blockbuster title that we will play for months on end.

What do you think about the gaming industry on the ps2? Do you agree that games have good reason to be excited about? Or do you think that we should receive more than what we are getting? Please tell me what your feelings are about the PS2 and do you think that the year ahead is one to get excited about, because I certaintly do!
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Bah"
is this a GAD attempt or is this a GAD attempt?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:06
its just what i wanted to say and find out what other people think about gaming on the PS2!
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:06
Regular
Regular wrote:
> is this a GAD attempt or is this a GAD attempt?

Yeh, so what is wrong with that?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:08
cheers shadow, i do want to win GAD but i also want to hear other peoples oppinions.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:08
Regular
"Bah"
fair doos its a good thread - pretty good chances for GAD - do they announce it 2moro? i wanna seee if my agent under fire review has won!
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:15
cheers regualar, i have read your agent under fire review and that also stands a good chance it is really good.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Bah"
thanks m8
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:34
its ok, what you think of gaming on the ps2?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:36
Regular
The only thing about gaming on PS2 is that nearly all of the most well acclaimed games are sequals.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.