GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FPS em ups! too many? which ones to get?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 15:57
Regular
A few monthes ago i was worried about the gamecube not getting enough first person shoot em ups! now i dont know which ones to get! I had turok evolution and thought it was proper poo so i decided to trade it back in and get something with much better graphics and gameplay. i got 007 agent under fire which was good but too short. now there is die hard vendetta, medal of honour frontline, 007 nightfire, timesplitters 2 and jedi outkast!
could everyone do me a favour and tell me in order which ones have the best quality. for example:
graphics:
1.jedi
2.die hard
3.nightfire
4.timesplitters
5.medal of honour

gameplay:
1.medal of honour
2.timesplitters
3.die hard
4.nightfire
5. jedi

multiplayer
1. timespliter
2.medal of honour
3.outkast
4. nightfire
5.die hard

do your own one and then post it here
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
"hit the road jack"
TIMESPLITTERS2-
GET IT!- amazing multiplayer, loadsa weapons, different enviroments (hense the name). So many multiplayer modes.
------------------------------------
007NIGHTFIRE-
GO FOR IT!- great whilst it lasts (2 days for me)! but although ive completed it, im gonna buy it with christmas money, great visuals and A.I Physics. It's a mixture of first-person shooting and driving many types a vehicles.
-----------------------------------
thanks ;)jc
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
*Waits for Gerrid's reply*
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
Get either Timesplitters 2 or Nightfire. They both have great multiplayers, even though Nightfire is more of a single player game.

Nightfire also has very crisp graphics, and is very polished.

Your choice though ;)
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:16
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Pringle28 wrote:
> what has the best multiplayer?
> what has the most levels?
> lets have a little more detail

Fine! k...

medal of honour:

This game is turly amazing it really does catch that war time feel with total confusion of bullets and great sound of guns just adding to it, The game inpisred by saving pritive ryan. So, Mutiplayer wise. Whats good about it? Well fristly its good hiding in places waiting for them too go by and really its more of a 'Tatical' Mutiplayer you could call it, Unlike Timespittlers 2 its guns bullets flying around the room just hopeing you just don't get hit by them.

The its the Single player. It all made into 5 Chapters if i can remember correctly with each chapter with 4-5 levels. this is a fairly average sized game. I wouldn't call it big or too small. But the early levels are great as you have you and your mates with you and battling the germans in the streets of a town or something. Then going onto the later levels it lacks that and most of the time you are by yourself.

Its a great game also if you watching the replay of band of brothers and also wanting something that really can make you sit there and watch all the different things happened on the same screen with someone blowing up and someone giving medial help. Its turely is a game that is recommended.

Timesplitters 2:

Moving on to something new! Timesplitters 2 is a mutiplayer mayhem game. Mutiplayer is what makes the game so good, Without it it wouldn't be half as good what it is now. The mutiplayer is just as mad as perfect Dark and golden eye which all are completly sucessful in the mutiplayer area with the gun blazin' and the vatiery of guns and a few tatics along the way like control a Sentry gun. Succesful it may be the HUGE (I'm putting in Caps here cos i really mean it) The HUGE (Sorry repeating myself :'() Range of Modes! I'll so some here just to give some idea what you get because i'm meaning it. No other game on the gamecube will do these 1stly Fun, 2ndly Great and 3rd Brilliant modes.

a few modes just on offer:

• Deathmatch:

eh...Had to add this in, Its a classic in these types of mayhem games and i think its the best out of the lot.

• Monkey Assistant:

a team of monkeys shows up to help out the weakest player!

• Leech

damage an enemy to recover your health

and much more...

Single player has greatly improved since the last TS and made much more fun... Basically you jump into different times of the future, present and past. All different coming with different weapons. This making every level is a totally new exprince nearly with new weapons and different kinds of level desgins suiting to the set time.

I say its the most best FPS here and a must get this xmas.

But only get if u have lots of people to play with!!

I did only these two..

Cos i thought them two were the ones that you should think about getting.

Thanks for reading
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Visiting time is over, Whitestripes, I have to go home to my family. I will come and visit you again tomorrow. Make sure you don't bend over in the shower again.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
so timesplitters seems to be the bst but die hard and nightfire have much better gameplay. jedi outkast lasts the longest and medal of honour and timesplitters have the best multiplayer.
i still need more opinions!
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Gerrid is crazy.
>
> My tagline says so.

Just play along. Maybe he won't hurt you if you agree with him
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:33
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
You didnt include Turok in that list :p

TS2 oozes gameplay to die for but i was slightly dissapointed with the graphics, maybe i was expecting too much, dont get me wrong the game looks good, just not as good as i was told it would.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:32
Regular
Gerrid is crazy.

My tagline says so.
Sun 01/12/02 at 16:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes is crazy. Don't listen to him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.