GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Thing - Explain"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 23:06
Regular
Ok I only recently heard about this MP3 thingy for te XBox, it sounds intresting and being a music lover it sounds great.

But, i'm not all sure what it does etc. How do i get the MP3's on the XBox? Do I have to download them FROM the Box to be able to sue them? How does it all work?
Sat 09/03/02 at 12:12
Regular
"BOSE"
that's sounds cool but on my comp i have a CD-RW drive and i made a couple of CDs once. it was only 4 my own use (putting some of my fave songs on a CD). a few of the CDs had a copyrite on them so i couldn't copy them on 2 my own blank CD. with the CD tracks i couldn't copy i had 2 use MP3s

i'm saying basicly it was 4 my own personal use and i still couldn't copy some of them. i reckon it'll b like that with the xbox :|
Fri 08/03/02 at 22:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Daveus wrote:
> k cool. u can put a CD in2 ur DVD section and copy it on 2 ur HD :) but a lot of
> CDs have copyrite on them :S that's gonna b a pain

ummm... not really. It's perfectly legal to copy CDs onto any media if it's for your own use.

So, I have loads of old records I want on CD and tape just to listen to where I don't have a record player. That's fine.

It's only illegal if you then sell the CD copies you make!

Sonic
Fri 08/03/02 at 17:52
"Do I have to download them FROM the Box to be able to sue them?"

Oh, you mean use! :0)
Fri 08/03/02 at 17:51
"Do I have to download them FROM the Box to be able to sue them?"

Eh? You wanna sue Microsoft? Have I just read that wrong, or is that what you're implying? I don't blame ye! Anyway, onto premise point.

I strongly doubt that Microsoft will advocate the use of MP3s on the X Box, as it would probably tarnish their ever-so-important 'reputation' of being corporate etc.

It goes without saying that I'd love to see it, though.
Fri 08/03/02 at 14:25
Regular
"BOSE"
k cool. u can put a CD in2 ur DVD section and copy it on 2 ur HD :) but a lot of CDs have copyrite on them :S that's gonna b a pain
Fri 08/03/02 at 08:08
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> Quite a few people have been saying that you can't do this, but if you can
> connect your PC and your X-Box for this Halo thing it may be possible for MP3's
> to work in the same way.

Outlaw.

It would be possiable if someone actually programs the software.
Thu 07/03/02 at 20:04
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Daveus wrote:
> when i 1st heard about putting ur own music in2 some games i thought it was ace
> :)

i thought u put an audio cd in2 the game slot and copied it from there. so
> does ne1 know how it works? does the xbox come with a lead that runs from ur
> xbox in2 ur comps cpu? :S

I explained how it works in an earlier post. All you do is put the music CD into the XBox DVD drive, and go to the music option on the menu. This lets you rip the music as MP3s to the hard drive (the XBox does it all for you).

No leads are neaded, nor are they available.
Thu 07/03/02 at 18:29
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Quite a few people have been saying that you can't do this, but if you can connect your PC and your X-Box for this Halo thing it may be possible for MP3's to work in the same way.

Outlaw.
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:52
Regular
"BOSE"
when i 1st heard about putting ur own music in2 some games i thought it was ace :)

i thought u put an audio cd in2 the game slot and copied it from there. so does ne1 know how it works? does the xbox come with a lead that runs from ur xbox in2 ur comps cpu? :S
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:20
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
adrian wrote:
> Outlaw_UK wrote:
> Basically you can either connect your X-Box to your PC
> and exchange the files
> over that way

No you cant do this.

----

B*tchin', so I'll have to put the MP3's from my PC onto CD and then back on my X-Box. Let's just hope someone develops software so that we can do that.

Outlaw.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.