GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 confirmed for Xbox.."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/09/00 at 18:54
Regular
Microsoft recently announced MGS 2 IS coming out on the Xbox and not the original...plus there are 160 developers now signed up!
What do u guys think of this??
Fri 29/09/00 at 18:54
Microsoft recently announced MGS 2 IS coming out on the Xbox and not the original...plus there are 160 developers now signed up!
What do u guys think of this??
Fri 29/09/00 at 19:13
Firstly, I thought that it should be posted on an X-Box forum, as I doubt many of us currently are interested in what is coming for X-Box, or who develops for it. It's not a contest.

Secondly, I thought: again, no source supplied.

So, I checked the DailyRadar site, and read this, dated at 29-9-00 16:39:

"MGS-X To Launch With Xbox

Which means it'll be out before Metal Gear Solid 2.

Konami have confirmed that Metal Gear Solid X will go on sale the same day as Microsoft's console.

Don't get over-excited, though. It's not Metal Gear Solid 2 - while there's virtually no information available on it, MGS-X is almost certain to be an Xbox reworking of the original, rather than a whole new version. More of a 12-inch mix, y'see?"

So, thirdly, I thought: "More misleading info"

And finally, I thought: Ah, who cares - it's Friday!
Fri 29/09/00 at 21:10
Ha ha. Nice one Babylonian. Set the record straight for tigerass.
Sun 01/10/00 at 13:18
babylonian, ur the only mature one here, at least u dont result to calling me names....

I got this from UKgames.com (hey dailyradar.co.uk???the WORST place to go)Although we were BOTH wrong!Oh well, I did read somewhere else that it is based around MGS2 tho, Ill find the quote soon. But untill then...Cheerio

"The tastiest two titles are undoubtedly Silent Hill X and Metal Gear Solid X - not a version of the original classic, and not a version of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty either - what is Snake up to now? "
Sun 01/10/00 at 13:41
Not much point in calling you names, or slagging your choice of console. You like Dreamcast, I like PS2 - I don't see a problem with that at all.

Please do post the source of your info when you find it - that's all I ask; I have nothing against you at all.

By the way - many people have commented on the design of PS2. What's people's take on the design of the GameCube?

One mag I bought yesterday reckons it looks like "My First Record Player", and - well - it *is* a bit 'Fisher Price'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not launching an attack on the machine - I'm just asking what people think of it.
Sun 01/10/00 at 15:10
Is MSG2 coming out on the Xbox ? well no one seems to know. Videogames.com says it is and Daily radar says it not. I guess we will find out soon
Sun 01/10/00 at 17:15
Regular
I suppose the Gamecube does look rather kiddy at first, but when you see the actual size of the thing, it doesn't look all that bad...
I think the discs are damn cool as well.
Mon 02/10/00 at 16:45
Like most peopole I have pre-order my PS2 only because I heard that MGS 2 was going to come on it, but that Konami have said that they will try and bring a similar port to the Xbox I may cancel my order and wait for the more powerful system, the XBOX!
Also I am very sure that the xbox will have the biggest list that any consoles has had
Mon 02/10/00 at 21:08
While it's probably correct that most people are looking forward to MGS2, I'm pretty sure you'll find that it's not the *only* reason people are buying the machine.

Actually, it's an interesting point - how many of those on this forum, who are buying a PS2 (at any time, not just on the pre-order system) are buying it *primarily* for MGS2?

I for one was planning to buy one before I ever saw a screen-shot of MGS2.
Tue 03/10/00 at 00:53
I did not Pre-Order my PS2 just because of MGS2, I did not even know it was coming out on the PS2, and I did not even see any Screen Shots back in March, as it was not announced then. I should be getting mine by Christmas, seeing as I ordered mine with SR on the 6th of March. I mainly bought it wqith Role Playing games in mind, as I know I can spend £35 on a Car Game and then put it down 10Mins later. I like Role Playing, and am hoping the PS2 will be able to make them look much better, and if they can make them as addictive as the SNES ones were, then it will be a sure winner! DVD is good, but I like those games. What are other peoples reasons for buying the PS2??? Who knows if the PS2 has a Port that you will be able to plug a Cheat Cartridge into? I don't like to cheat, but I just like to know that the option will be there.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.