GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Neo 4!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
Im thinking of having Neo 4 fitted to my PS 2, but im getting estimates of £135 anyone know where I can get it done cheaper??

Also whats everyone views on the Neo 4, I know a Neo 2.2 can be fitted cheaper, but I don'tlike the idea of Disc swapping.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:19
just thinking bout it, he might of been.

as u say u only use dvd`s 4 swap tick, so i guess he must of been on about dvd swap rather than AR
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You really need to find a unofficial shop. At my local market, they will do it for £60, and at computer fairs near me they will sometimes do it for £60.

DO NOT pay £135!! That is way too much.

You could try threatening the person doing it. When I got my PSone chipped (for back-ups because a lot of my games were getting scratched in the car when I used the LCD screen). The person quoted £50, I though no chance. I was thinking about replying to them "chip it for £20, or I'll tell the police of your illegal buisness". But I ended up doing it myself. Cost me a total of £1 :)

If you can't get anywhere else, try haggling. But don't pay over £100. Find a "dodgy" shop to do it cheap.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:26
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oh...and don't blame me if anything goes wrong. There is a high failure rate for PS2 chipping. Expecially with 40 odd wires.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:28
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ya know, Id just get an import PS2 if I was you....Or if you dont want the hassle there are some companies that seel already chipped PS2s for about £200....
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The people who quoted me with these silly prices is a local Playsation shop in my area (£130 + 6 Months gurantee) and also www.modchip.co.uk (£135 + 1 yr Guarantee), ive generally tried the markets but noone does anything on there. My GT3 got scratched and how I wish I had a backup of it which is one of the reasons I wanna Neo 4 (or similar) chip done. If you know of any company (online or not) that do it for £60 odd, then it would be useful. In the meantime I will keep looking locally.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I was quoted £270 for an already chipped PS 2, which was the basic package you can buy in Shops at £199
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You do know that for games that are on DVDs (the silver bottom) such as GT3, you will not be able to copy without having a DVD writer. You would also need to have blank DVDs at a fiver each. The only way around this is to cut stuff out (like deleated all the FMVs in MGS2) to create space.

I advise that you just look after your games better!
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:45
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Erm...well my mate can get it for me AND install it for £25...I am not sure if its neo 4 but its definetely neo something....

But I dont wanna risk my PS2 as yet....Ask around on car boot sales and stuff. It would help if you knew someone who is good with insides of computers
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:52
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
My dad said he can install Neo 2 for me for FREE! He has the blank chips, and the chip programmer, and he knows how to chip it as he's an expert solderer (the blank chips you can use for other things aswell, and they only cost about 50p. The programmer has to be made manually). But I don't want to risk my PS2 either. And that DVD thing really puts me off. I also have no real reason to chip it.

I can't have Neo4 installed though, as it is a non-standard chip.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:56
ok ppl, although the messiah has been stopped, a few companies r going copy it. and release it over here. these r backdoor companies so i doubt sony will b able 2 do nowt 2 stop em.

the yanks have will soon have the messiah copy, they will pay approx $89 so i guess over here its gonna b around the same figure

mod-chip.net is getting messiah copy and neostar mod chip which is a copy of the neo4. does the same thing.

i guess in time we will get these mod-chips aswell, as there seem 2 b a few companies that would sell them.

ne way go there have a look, mod-chip.net

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.