GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Neo 4!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
Im thinking of having Neo 4 fitted to my PS 2, but im getting estimates of £135 anyone know where I can get it done cheaper??

Also whats everyone views on the Neo 4, I know a Neo 2.2 can be fitted cheaper, but I don'tlike the idea of Disc swapping.
Sat 02/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im thinking of having Neo 4 fitted to my PS 2, but im getting estimates of £135 anyone know where I can get it done cheaper??

Also whats everyone views on the Neo 4, I know a Neo 2.2 can be fitted cheaper, but I don'tlike the idea of Disc swapping.
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I know where you can get it done cheaper...

...but I don't support piracy.
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Tag as above"
Maybe you could get extended warranty on the Neo chip too.

Or not do it
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I have 4 yrs Insurance on my PS 2 and the £135 price includes 1 yr gurantee on the Neo 4.

I don't believe in Piracy either, this is strictly for Back ups.
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:49
Regular
"Tag as above"
If you get your PS2 chipped I would imagine that your 4 years insurance wont be worth the paper its printed on.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:03
£135 is a way bit hefty in my op. bare chip is approx £50, I`d expect u`d pay roughly £80-£90 if the place installs it 4 u.

however if u install ur self u got 2 solder 44 wires!!

another thing the neo4 does require use of action replay swap trick. m8 mine had his done with neo4, £60 he paid without AR.

so i guess £135 must inc the AR price aswell.

Messiah on the other hand has 22wires and reqiures no AR or swap trick of any sort. only prob both r hard 2 get hold of due to sony.

kanection.co.uk is 1 place i heard of whether they have messiah or neo4 i dont know.

there r also reports of some asian companies taking up production of ps2 mod chips, and they apparently dont give a monkeys about what sony say. u could also search 4 eurochip v.3. ive seen that on some sites.

hope this helps :)
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Thanks, anymore comments like grand kill mania's are welcome.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:08
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Grand Kill Mania wrote:
another thing
> the neo4 does require use of action replay swap trick. m8 mine had his done with
> neo4, £60 he paid without AR.
-----

No it doesn't! That is the whole feature of the chip, the fact it doesn't need the swap trick.
It only needs the swap trick if you use DVD-Rs. And then you don't use AR2, you use a DVD game with a TOC bigger than the one you are playing. DVD-R games are very uncommon as the blank DVDs cost about £5!!

If your "mate" has had a Neo4 installed, and still has to use an AR2 swap trick, he's been done!
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:16
ok tom ur right there. got me facts wrong.
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
iv'e also been told that Neo 4 doesn't require a swap trick from where I was quoted. Tom can you tell me where I can get it done cheaper with out a swap trick, as I said this is strictly for back ups.

No it doesn't! That is the whole feature of the chip, the
> fact it doesn't need the swap trick.
It only needs the swap trick if you use
> DVD-Rs. And then you don't use AR2, you use a DVD game with a TOC bigger than
> the one you are playing. DVD-R games are very uncommon as the blank DVDs cost
> about £5!!

If your "mate" has had a Neo4 installed, and still
> has to use an AR2 swap trick, he's been done!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.