GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Neo 4!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
Im thinking of having Neo 4 fitted to my PS 2, but im getting estimates of £135 anyone know where I can get it done cheaper??

Also whats everyone views on the Neo 4, I know a Neo 2.2 can be fitted cheaper, but I don'tlike the idea of Disc swapping.
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:34
Regular
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
I don't believe in Piracy either, this is strictly for
> Back ups.

heh.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:45
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Neo 4.5 was a myth, basically Paul and some others found that by soldering both a neo 4 and an origa to the same board it would direct boot everything. They then released this info in a bid to combat messiah.

Neo 4.5 never actually existed though, as the origa brothers refused to supply neo tech with the chips to use for it (plus it would be about 35 wires)

As for neo 4 don't even go there! this chip only direct boots cdr, which is pointless as u have about 25% of the actual game on cdr as aposed to dvd and the neo 4 requires you to shear away part of your ps2 to install wires...

Try and find a messiah if u want imports, otherwise think about origa if u dont mind disc swap as origa plays imports and everything after u use swap trick.
Sun 03/03/02 at 13:45
u can get an s-box which plugs into the usb port on ur ps2. it does require a single wire 2 b soldered inside however. it does require an AR 4 the swap trick though.

I think they cost bout £20 something like that. it can only play ps2 blue disc back-ups and psx back-ups, no imports or ne sort.
Sun 03/03/02 at 13:40
in USA they make a program that can copy DVD`s without the need 4 a DVD-R writer. u just need a fairly good CD-RW.

m8 of mine, an electronics bloke, reckons itis possible to copy DVD`s with just a CD-R drive, with the right software.
Sun 03/03/02 at 10:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
im just lookin at alternative methods where I wouldn't have to chip my console. I heard abt the Neo 4.5, but as its was closed down, there is a patch being made so that only 11 wires require soldering. I will maybe try this plug mod, even tho it requires a swap trick. I can'k risk buying expensive games and they getting scratched, obviously I look after my games, but if im not there and sum1 decides to play my console or borrow my games, theres nothing I can do.
Sun 03/03/02 at 10:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Seems good, although you still need the swap trick.

Its a shame that Sony shut down Neo Technologys (the people who made neo4) because they were working on Neo4.5, which would do the same as neo4, but with only something like 12 wires. Sony shut them down though.

That chip looks good, but it is only equal to about a neo2. It *is* nice and cheap though. It depends what you want, I think you said earlier that you wanted the convienience of a non-swap mod, didn't you?

Unfortunately, my PS2 is V3. But I'm still worried about the issue of the games that are on DVD (most of the newer games being released). It would be difficult to make a back-up of these games without having a DVD re-writer, and £5 disks, or you would have to manually take stuff out (requiring a lot of knoweldge).

Can't you just look after your disks better?
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Thanks Tom

Check out that webite and let me know what you think. (Below)
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:49
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yours is the 'revision' model, which is one of the very latest models. So I *think* it is V5.
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
can anyone tell me how I can check if my PS 2 is a V2 V3 V5 etc??? I know it has a model number of SCPH-30003R
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I found something very interesting on the following site:

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/news.php?artc=2493

let me know what you think.

I may wait for that instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.