GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 22:17
Regular
Can anyone tell me why some games won't work on my ps2.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:59
Will try that, If it works I will get back to you - thanks
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
No problem, other than that, all i can suggest is make sure the disc is clean or try playing the game without the memory card in and see what happens. Might not do a thing, but worth a try.

Then, see what Sony have to say.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:47
I haven't had a problem with any other games that I have so I just don't know what to think, I will do as you suggest though and see what happens. Thanks a lot for your help.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:45
Regular
Have you any more games that you play that do work properly?

If its the same game and the only one you play, then its more than likely a problem with your PS2 i think, either that or its a glitch with all the copies of that game, which i doubt.

Best thing to do is ring the Sony help line i think, the number is in the back of the manual of most games. If they narrow it down to the PS2, and its still under its warranty, they will replace if for free, if the warranty has ran out they usually still replace it for free, or charge very little.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:41
Pro Evo wrote:
> Erm, does this happen with a number of games or just the one?

Just one - Kingdom Hearts, I have tried 3 versions of it from Blockbuster and it just won't have none of it.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:35
Regular
Erm, does this happen with a number of games or just the one?
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:34
Pro Evo wrote:
> Cant really help you based on just that information.
>
> Care to tell us a little more so we know what the problem is, that way
> we can rule out certain things and focus on the other problems it
> could be.

I put the game in, it goes through all the usual stages and when it gets to NEW GAME I click on it to start and nothing happens, just a blank screen
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:19
Regular
Cant really help you based on just that information.

Care to tell us a little more so we know what the problem is, that way we can rule out certain things and focus on the other problems it could be.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:17
Can anyone tell me why some games won't work on my ps2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.