GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Biggest Mistake SquareSoft Ever Made..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 09:24
Regular
...was having 'Rikki' sing the ending theme to Final Fantasy X on the PAL version.

Whilst the pentatonic scale may sound pleasing to the Asian ear, and whilst singers that sound like strangled cats may be all the rage in Japan, Rikki just didn't cut it for me, although my cat did request to hear it a second time.

Why oh why oh why didn't they just translate the song into English and throw Cher a few hundred bucks to perform it for the US/European release? They did it for Final Fantasy 8, why not Final Fantasy X? (True, it wasn't Cher singing, but they did bother to translate the song into English).

Apart from that, and of course The Bouncer, SquareSoft are doing OK.

[/rant]
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Bouncer was good...
Mon 02/12/02 at 12:34
They went seriously off with that final song.

All through the game the music was brilliant, stunning at times, and then they finish off with that pile of tripe, if the game wasnt so good i would have been annoyed. Cant have everything i suppose.
Mon 02/12/02 at 11:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I kinda liked it.

Didnt have a clue as to what she was singing about, but it had a certain ring to it.

Just, whatever you do, make sure you have the tv turned down a little, accidents happen otherwise...
Mon 02/12/02 at 11:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What we really need to know is who has a distinction in 'good taste', and that definitely ain't FantasyMeister! Maybe you should get your ears syringed mate ;-)
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I have a distinction for Grade 3 Guitar, Grade 1 Double Bass and also
> sang in the school choir (firstly as a soprano, then as a tenor,
> luckily for me it wasn't the other way around). This has nothing to
> do with Rikki of course except for the cat-gut connection.

Just showing off then :p

erm....

I have 5 performing arts certifcates.....

I'm not cutting the grade am I?
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:44
"Darkness, always"
ssxpro wrote:
> Suki da ne! :D I`m guessing you speak Japanese and that was some kind
> of clever joke that use English speaking types won`t get. Whats the
> difference between Sutiki and Suki? (And I have no idea if either of
> those are spelt right).

Hmmm. I know "suki" is something to do with strong affection or love. sutiki I don't know. My Japanese is crap, and gets worse with every passing day.

I swear my brain is getting smaller.
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I have a distinction for Grade 3 Guitar, Grade 1 Double Bass and also sang in the school choir (firstly as a soprano, then as a tenor, luckily for me it wasn't the other way around). This has nothing to do with Rikki of course except for the cat-gut connection.
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:01
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ummm, well I do speak a bit of Japanese but no, it's not me trying to be clever - the song title is sneakily given away in the credits...

By the way I've got grade 4 sax so that's my credentials for posting in this thread :-)
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
They could at least have got Faye Wong to sing 'Suki da ne' then, because Rikki couldn't/didn't/shouldn't have.

Maybe I should just go get my ears syringed.

P.S. I'm getting Kingdom Hearts today, is Rikki mentioned anywhere in the credits for it? If she is I'll get Red Faction 2 instead.
Mon 02/12/02 at 09:59
Regular
Suki da ne! :D I`m guessing you speak Japanese and that was some kind of clever joke that use English speaking types won`t get. Whats the difference between Sutiki and Suki? (And I have no idea if either of those are spelt right).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.