GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 is better looking than an x box!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
went in toys r us 2day,saw x box running-what an ugly machine!its about the size of an old beta video recorder!its ok 2 b the most powerful machine in the world -but looks have gotta count 4 something!-im sticking with my ps2
Sat 02/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Pro Evo's damn right (as usual).

As long as the console plays well and performs well, then looks don't matter.

But to be honest, the PS2 is a lot more slick and has more cutting-edge design than the Xbox.

Still, too many people are judging the Xbox by its cover. Until I play one, I am not saying anything bad/good against it!
Sat 02/03/02 at 21:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Yer, Ps2 sucks compared to the Gamecube, because the cube is so much smaller....

Anyone get my point?

Sonic
Sat 02/03/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
But then, the GameCube's a cube?!

So in actual fact, it may not be smaller!

Do you get my point?
Sat 02/03/02 at 21:20
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I think i get your point, this is just another pritty pointless topic with someone who has a very biased view...thats what i thought anyway.
Sat 02/03/02 at 22:51
PS2 is good if your making a lego movie.Just put the PS2 in a vertical stance and say its Sony towers lol :D
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Tag as above"
I personnally like consoles to be HiFi sized so they would fit on top of my amp. it'd just be more practical for me.
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:53
This'll teach you to bagger with the X Box:

I'm sure that most of you know how much critical stick the X Box has recieved for being too big etc, and it's no different on here. Take a look at a few examples:

"Have you all seen the actual size of a x-box,there HUGE!! Why are they so big??,there bigger than the playstation 2,the playstation 2's are quite big."

"Yeah x-box are even bigger than the origional NES!!! (for those of you who never saw a NES, it was huge)"

What the feck!? Just because it's bigger than the other consoles, people say that it's a massive console. As long as I can play decent games on it, then who cares? Why do people seem to be forgetting that size doesn't matter? I don't know why people are putting it down for being large - it just doesn't matter!

"I'm still for gamecube-nintendos the best"

"...Ninty is still the best."

"I was surprised the x-box was so big. I thought with the consoles the smaller the better."

Any reasons? Nope. People who just advocate a certain console without any reasons presented are not just biased, but I find it rather offensive at times. I'm not perfect, but I can find the common sense to actually show the pros and cons of a console before proclaiming how great it is and why it is so good in the first place. This ties in with the original point: I think that a lot of people here are going with the rest of the crowd and just saying that they hate the X Box, when some probably haven't even played it - ignorance of the highest order, and I really hate it.

Notice that most of these biased posts are written by illiterates and or spammers? I'm seeing a pattern here...

I can also make a very shady assumption that some people have a kind of generalised picture of the X Box, making it seem bigger than it is, as one of the first sensible posts about the X Box I have read agrees:

"The X-Box is only the size of a normal VCR. It's Ninty just messing with your heads."

"Xbox looks so big because Gamecube is just so small!!"

"size doest matter all the time looka t the GBA its small but powerfull"

Think about it: do you complain about VCR's being so big? If a smaller one was released, most of us wouldn't really give a damn, and that ties in with gaming. Because we're all so accustomed to seeing smaller consoles, we jump at the conclusion that X Box is huge! Next point: the GameCube is going to be one of the smallest if not the smallest console on the market, but I don't think it's fair to blame Ninty for this - all the consoles have played a part in it. Hell, I don't think it's fair to blame any console for this criticism, but what I'm desperately trying to grab at is that the X Box is not huge! It's bigger than the rest, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll be getting one, and it should fit snuggly on my workbench next to my two PS1's, N64 and Dreamcast. Room in your house shouldn't prevent you from buying this console. The actual quality of the games should influence your decision one way or another, and nothing else.

"...would the gamecube be easier to store than the x-box??"

"I don't think the size of the console matters, if I had the money i'd buy one, just a problem finding some space for it..."

"yeah but being big is a prob for some i mean you've seen my TV set up"

I strongly agree there, except that storage is not the issue here. Who gives a feck about if you have to make a new workbench for it? Big deal - I'd make a new workbench for a console, because these petty excuses/restrictions shouldn't hold us back from delving in and taking a look at the X Box, be it in one instance or another. Who knows - if we all gave it a chance, maybe it would blow the PS2 out of the water.

""I don't think the size of the X-Box is a bad thing.

The X-Box apparently doesn't over heat which can be a problem with the more compact consoles. Plus as long as you can fit it in a good place, who cares about the size?"

"I think that the X-Box is that big so they can fit the componants in."

Interesting points there indeed. Ever noticed how badly the other consoles overheat? When you take a disc out of the drive, ever noticed how hot it is after about an hour of play? The X Box should eliminate this problem, as there is a fan in there, but space was needed for it, so it was made bigger. I'm not sure here, but that's my rather safe bet on why it's so large. If they could've, it would've been smaller. In lamens terms, they made it larger because they had to, not because they wanted to. The fan may be very small, and possibly the space is to allow for a larger processor or some such entity.

In my opinion, people have blown the size of the X Box totally out of proportion. I was hardly surprised by the size, and I stand by my creed that size does not matter. The thing isn't huge, it's bigger than all the consoles though, I do agree there. I don't give a flying fun if it's bigger than the other consoles, as it's how well it plays that matters to me.

Just give the X Box a chance, Ok?

:0)
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I personally don't like the look of the X-BoX or its controllers, it looks like something from outer space, maybe I could chuck it in the air and claim fame for spotting a UFO??
I could then try and trap it in a 'Box' called Nintendo and send it back to the land of the wanna be's?
Sun 03/03/02 at 00:06
Regular
"Tag as above"
$h@ne0 wrote:
"...would the gamecube be easier to store than the x-box??"

Does this suggest that the Gamecube will need storing away instead of using it?
Mon 04/03/02 at 06:59
No, I meant somewhere to place it when using it. Sorry, that was badly worded :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.