GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky, er, rocks..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rocky'.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
Bought Rocky yesterday.

First impressions:

Excellent.

Best presentation I've seen in a movie licence, it's pure Rocky. If you like the films, you'll be sucked right in.

The boxing is great. I thought I could go in bashing the buttons and win, and got knocked down time and again. You've got to use a fair amount of tactics to win, keep moving, dodge, and land the combos when you can to get anywhere.

Even better, in the 'movie mode' you only get 3 lives, after those you have to start from the start, so you'll have to get good at the game to finish it. Unless you cheat and keep going back to an old save file!

I got past Apollo on my first go, but lost my last life shorty after, and went straight back and started again.

the training modes are cool too, theres a huge learning curve with them though, so you'll score poorly to begin with, and after practice I was no better than average, so still more to learn.

I'm having a great deal of fun with this.

Anyone else got it?
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:03
Regular
Damn you, damn you all.

Must I but *another* game!?
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
You always seem to get the strange titles (But great games) instead of the hit titles :)

If people pretty much gave their list of games its very likey to have TS2 or resi evil in..

Anyway Back to the topic

Yea, I'll rent it out then i'll see what a notable's point of view of a game is ture :D

(I'm betting its great anyway)

So, With the button bushing and training and the the tactial battles i guess it must mix in every well.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
Yeah I got it last Friday, great game.

Dang difficult though on contender, i've got up to Apollo and just don't seem to be able to beat him.

I've whipping through it on easy to unlock all the characters for multiplayer, I just got MR T.

"I pity da foo that don't buy this game"
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yeah, Ive got it too. It is fantastic, its too easy in Novice mode, but as soon as you start on the contender difficulty, its totally different. As you said, there is a lot of tactical thinking to be done, and the control system is simple enough to allow you to do this.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
"not dead"
Bought Rocky yesterday.

First impressions:

Excellent.

Best presentation I've seen in a movie licence, it's pure Rocky. If you like the films, you'll be sucked right in.

The boxing is great. I thought I could go in bashing the buttons and win, and got knocked down time and again. You've got to use a fair amount of tactics to win, keep moving, dodge, and land the combos when you can to get anywhere.

Even better, in the 'movie mode' you only get 3 lives, after those you have to start from the start, so you'll have to get good at the game to finish it. Unless you cheat and keep going back to an old save file!

I got past Apollo on my first go, but lost my last life shorty after, and went straight back and started again.

the training modes are cool too, theres a huge learning curve with them though, so you'll score poorly to begin with, and after practice I was no better than average, so still more to learn.

I'm having a great deal of fun with this.

Anyone else got it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.