GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky, er, rocks..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rocky'.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
Bought Rocky yesterday.

First impressions:

Excellent.

Best presentation I've seen in a movie licence, it's pure Rocky. If you like the films, you'll be sucked right in.

The boxing is great. I thought I could go in bashing the buttons and win, and got knocked down time and again. You've got to use a fair amount of tactics to win, keep moving, dodge, and land the combos when you can to get anywhere.

Even better, in the 'movie mode' you only get 3 lives, after those you have to start from the start, so you'll have to get good at the game to finish it. Unless you cheat and keep going back to an old save file!

I got past Apollo on my first go, but lost my last life shorty after, and went straight back and started again.

the training modes are cool too, theres a huge learning curve with them though, so you'll score poorly to begin with, and after practice I was no better than average, so still more to learn.

I'm having a great deal of fun with this.

Anyone else got it?
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:41
Regular
"relocated"
I really like the look of this game, but I was kind of worried that it wouldn't work with the Cube controller. I guess it does though? I have an unclaimed GAD, so I think this might be the one. Decisions, decisions.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:46
Regular
Yes

*sniff* And he used to be my bestest friend in the forums
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You must feel so hard done by.

:)
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:37
Regular
Cookie Monster said he was giving me his latest GAD.

Then he didn't

He is a meanie
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Okay then.

Lets say, if you win, you give me a game. Of my choice.

:)

I have attempted a few over the past few weeks. Most turn into incoherent babble by the end, which is a shame.

But I did win ED and Mario in about a month, so there is still hope!
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
:D

I will share some GAD attempts with you if you like.

I have lots

oh yes
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whitestripes wrote:
> GAD reviews spree ahoy!
>
> I'm going for Mario Party, Godzilla and Rocky for before christmas.

If I did that, I wouldn't win. At all.

:(

And yes, Skies Of Arcadia is coming soon........not sure when. But soon. I think.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Huh?

Skies Of Arcadia coming to the little cube?
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:13
Regular
GAD reviews spree ahoy!

I'm going for Mario Party, Godzilla and Rocky for before christmas.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
To many decent games......not fair!

We complain when there are too few, and when there are too many.

It makes me picky. Ah well. I'll have to settle for Metroid, Zelda, Skies Of Arcadia and Resi Zero.

Too bad.

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.