GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games development"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 20:54
Regular
Hey everybody! I've not been on in a while but I'm still alive for now and I need your help. I am designing a new PC game but I am having trouble getting started. I have looked in the games ideas forum but I would just be taking other peoples ideas and they have typed newspapers on what they think so I'm asking for your help. If you have any basic outlines on what kind of PC game you would like then tell me about it I really want it to be by the people who would be buying it and you can help me with that. I was thinking of something original like Pikmin and Blinx and deffinetly not a first person shooter because there is lots out right now. Thanks for your time and comments :D
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:34
"Stupid Newbie :D"
More PR spin...

You should give as much credence to Blinx being original, or the "first 4D game", as you should to me saying that I invented circles. Microsoft are playing the BS game again... apparently such games as Chrono Trigger, Soul Reaver 2 and many, many others which entirely revolve arond the manipulation of time just don't exist. Any PR rep that consistantly comes out with tripe like that, should be hanged.
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Festivus!"
Cubist wrote:
> That's the thing how many other fat stupid cat games that control time
> are out?

But how many platformer games are out? all it is is a gimmick, not a new genre...
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
That's the thing how many other fat stupid cat games that control time are out?
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Festivus!"
Cubist wrote:
> I was thinking of something original
> like Pikmin and Blinx

Blinx? Original? bah, it's only got a time travel thingy... couldn't he just turn back time and change the incident that happened and get on with his life? Fat stupid cat...
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
MJswerve wrote:
> What language are you thinking of coding it in?

Not positive which one any High level language will do lol:D
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:14
Regular
"DS..."
Miserableman wrote:
> Make sure it features ants!

Meh, it's been done allready i think e.g antz, Bug (sort of) buck bumble insects of all various kinds have been done and have not been overly sucessfull.

slik ~_~
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:20
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Make sure it features ants!
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:11
Regular
What language are you thinking of coding it in?
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
lol thanks anyway
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just watch out, if you release a good game, Microsoft will try and buy you out!

It's destiny!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.