GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 better than x-box? please help me understand how."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 11:51
Regular
I am the proud owner of just about every games machine and console that's come out since the spectrum 48K (which i still have)
However i cant condone all this talk about PS2 being a better system than the X-box. Dont get me wrong its a good bit of kit. But you cant judge a console by the games on it, the x-box has higher spec hardware, youve only got to play a game like timesplitters or bunout on it and then compare to the ps2 version to see the very obvious graphics and speed difference. I admit whoever designed the controller on the box was a blind monkey on acid but who cares, you can use ps2 controller's on x'box with a $6:00 adapter. Can anyone argue this point
Thu 05/12/02 at 22:16
Regular
"size does matter"
not bad, a classical way of getting off the hook. first start an issue, then get put down and turn everything into a joke and manipulation. pretty pathetic, but understandable. cheers
Thu 05/12/02 at 15:22
Diplomat wrote:
> you ain't so smart yourself, kid
>
> you asked people to help you understand how ps2 can be better than
> xbox. they offered you an explanation, an interpretation of how things
> work in real life. now you're not satisfied with the fact that some
> people have a different view than you.
>
> if i don't want to hear a fact that xbox specs are better than those
> of a ps2, i won't go on an xbox forum to ask how is xbox better than
> ps2.
>
> so, what is your problem? if you can't take opinions that differ from
> those of yours, don't ask any questions, for god's sake.

Please, mrs diplomat you've all got the wrong end of the stick.
I dont actually care which is the better console, in fact i totally agree with all of you, on everything you say. I think the PS2 is a great console, I was one of the loosers who pre-ordered it and sat about in the cold outside rossrecords waiting to pick it up when it was released, i even had a day of work.
I only started this chat subject because work's a little slow at the moment, and ive been trying to think of things to pass the time. What better way to amuse one's self than to post a subject on a PS2 forum saying that i think X'box is better than PS2, you've all done me proud. Id like to thank you all for making the last few days far less dull, and id also like to thank my mother for giving birth to me, with out her none of this would be possible.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:49
Regular
"size does matter"
you ain't so smart yourself, kid

you asked people to help you understand how ps2 can be better than xbox. they offered you an explanation, an interpretation of how things work in real life. now you're not satisfied with the fact that some people have a different view than you.

if i don't want to hear a fact that xbox specs are better than those of a ps2, i won't go on an xbox forum to ask how is xbox better than ps2.

so, what is your problem? if you can't take opinions that differ from those of yours, don't ask any questions, for god's sake.
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:41
Nomino wrote:
> Sorry, had to continue with a quote:
>
> "You can't judge a console by the games on it"
>
> LOL!!!! HA HA HA HAAA!! LOL!!! What a complete and utter dork!!
> Serious reply over with earlier, now for the fun. What a complete
> idiot that skineddy is!
>

Cheers buddy, its nice to know im appreciated. Im actually considering suicide now that i know there's some completly obscure chat forum nerd out there who thinks im a dork.
However, feel free to sl&g me of all you want, after all that is why i started this subject in the first place, i've actually been a little disapointed at the lack of abuse from you guys. My death is over your head buddy, i hope you feel bad.
Thu 05/12/02 at 13:02
Regular
Sorry, had to continue with a quote:

"You can't judge a console by the games on it"

LOL!!!! HA HA HA HAAA!! LOL!!! What a complete and utter dork!! Serious reply over with earlier, now for the fun. What a complete idiot that skineddy is!

So tell me, skineddy, now you have read my eaerlier post and those of others, how can you say that you can't judge a console by the games on it? Let me put it like this.

Imagine XBox didn't get any games for it at all. XBox, with it's oh-so-acclaimed specs., but absolutely no games at all. Would you still buy one over a PS2? No, of course you wouldn't (or, maybe you would, cos' you sound that daft).

Why is it that most games that are on XBox and PS2 are not much better on Xbox? Why hasn't XBox got a game to beat GT3 if it is such a good console?

Oh, I own all three consoles, so don't think that I'm biased in any way. I'm not. I'm just sensible and open minded, unlike you, skinnyboy.
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
.......when are people going to stop asking pathetic questions like this? They clearly can't think for themselves, and so don't deserve to own any console at all. Nevertheless, here is a sensible answer:

"If a given console has got (and is getting) more of the games you want, then that is the better console. It therefore stands to reason that if I like the games on PS2 more, and look forward to more PS2 games than XBox games, PS2 is the better console...FOR ME"

If you can't comprehend that, maybe you should slap yourself in the face with a wet kipper and go back to mummy.
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:18
Regular
I can argue with this!

The PS2 was released about 2 years before the Xbox so you expect the Xbox to be a hell of a lot better. However, it isn't, it's only slightly better and at this moment in time has fewer decent games than PS2.

What's this you say about better graphics on Xbox. I played the TS2 demo on my brothers PS2, I then played the proper on my mates Xbox and when it finally came out for GC I bought it. The graphics are exactly the same on each. The only difference between the 3 is that the Xbox and GC loaded a little quicker. Which you would expect from the newer consoles.
Thu 05/12/02 at 09:24
Regular
"Complete Banker"
J-42 wrote:
WHEN PIGS FLY!!

Your point??

Personal preference PS2, as I think it has a wider variety of high quality games than either the XBox of GC.

But that's just my opinion.
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
sum41fan wrote:
> i recon that they are as good as each other in their own different
> ways

I think that X Box will come out better. WHEN PIGS FLY!! MWAAAHAAAAAAAA

PS2 wins, because of games like
Deus Ex
MGS2
GTA 3
Vice City
The Getaway
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Agreed,, it all comes down to personal preference, I think Ive said that around a million times now.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.