GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FANBOYS R SOO ANNOYING !!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 16:02
Regular
why is it that people take part in fan-boy stuff for instance someone i know at college is a big dreamast and nintendo fan and according to him these facts about the ps2 and xbox are true:

stupid biased facts:
"ps2 has only 8 bit like a gameboy not 128 bit its just a special chip that makes it look better"

"gamecube is more powerful than the xbox its proven"

"dreamcast is more powerful than ps2"

"gamecube and dreamcast have better games"

stupid comments:
"xbox is so big i'll need a house extension then another room for the control pad"

"ps2 may have the most games but only 4 of them are any good"

this stuff really annoys me because most of the time the people who say it actually belive it

i have a ps2 and its proven to have 128 bit

i'm gonna get a xbox and it is bigger than the other consoles because it is the most powerful and is like a miny pc but i don't see them complaining about the size of pcs

plus it has a built in hardrive so what do they expect

what i am saying is:

most people have ps2's and most people who have them are not usually biased and are usually open-minded

a lot of people did have dreamcasts but its done and dusted now so why can't people let it r.i.p

a lot of people have nintendo gamecubes and alot of them are nintendo fans or sega fans

and a good number of people have x-box's especially for christmas like me :)

what i'm saying is i got a ps2 because despite what alot of people say it has alot of good games and has a built in dvd :)

i'm getting a xbox because i like the fact you can put your own music in games plus save things on your own hardrive plus download extra characters levels etc etc like you can with pc's like expansion packs plus because i like the control pad plus i find the graphics amazing (well what i've seen from screenshots since i have'nt played a xbox) and most importantly i like loads of games that are out or coming out for it including

starwars jedi knight 2
starwars knights of the old republic
halo
halo 2
perfect dark 2
morrowind
battlefield 1942
toejam & earl

and loads more plus all the great looking games that are coming out in the future

and i did'nt get a gamecube because apart from a few games most do not appeal to me an because it has no extra features like a xbox

but different consoles are for different people so why can't everyone just get along ?
Wed 11/12/02 at 18:55
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Xbox users..

Can you please come and collect your moron. He's got lost on the Nintendo forum, and is now so distressed and homesick he's resorted to insulting everyone who looks like they once might have said "Nintendo are not for faggots".

IB, this guy beats Top Score by a country mile, you have to come take a look :O/

PS Xbox sucks lolololz0r!1312n1
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Mix up by SR and my college.
Wed 11/12/02 at 11:12
JAZZY-JACK wrote:
> Your Olympic Hero wrote:
>
> Thats the problem with fanboys.
>
> They cant discuss. All they do is make immature comments.
>
> "My godz. The thing is like bigger than my houze like. X-Box
> suxors. I hate microsoft too and, even thoughz Im using Windows at
> thiz moments in timez, Im never going to touchers Microsoft
> productz."
>
>
> maybe its bigger than your house because u dont have one you meth

I dont think that you fool. *slaps*
That was an example of the illogical fanboy arguments.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:31
Regular
Hey Silent, how come you're a newbie?
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:20
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I am getting all 3 so there is no this is better than this rubbish.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:52
Regular
Fanboyism does my head in.

"The PS2 keeps me warm in bed at night"
"PS2 has by far better graphics then Gamecube and Xbox"
"Gamecube and Xbox have no good games, Unlike PS2, that has GTA3, and thats all that matters"
"PS2 online will be better than Xbox Live as its owned by Sony"

I'm getting a Gamecube soon, Allwoing me to have the two best consoles on the market (Xbox and Gamecube of course!).

I'm rebelling against Sony for all the crimes they have commited againt humanity.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:28
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
For goodness sake......... WHO CARES ABOUT CONSOLE SPECS????? As long as you have bought a console YOU want, it does not matter!

..... I hate all this fanboy stuff as well.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
meth= person that drinks methalated spirit
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> everyone loves a good console wars fight. If we all got along then
> this would be a bland and uninteresting world. A world with problems
> is a happy world.
>
> X-Box sucks. Discuss. ;D.
>
> Thats the problem with fanboys.
>
> They cant discuss. All they do is make immature comments.
>
> "My godz. The thing is like bigger than my houze like. X-Box
> suxors. I hate microsoft too and, even thoughz Im using Windows at
> thiz moments in timez, Im never going to touchers Microsoft
> productz."

maybe its bigger than your house because u dont have one you meth
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Top Score and Update are amazing, in a sense that they are actually complete cretins. Honestly I've never seen people act with such idiocy before.

They manage to post threads damning everything from PC, GC, X-Box and even the poor old GBA, but paint the PS2 as some kind of faultless, magnificent and godlike console, which everyone 'should' own.

I've got a PS2 and think it's great, but those two are single handily destroying its reputation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.