GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FANBOYS R SOO ANNOYING !!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 16:02
Regular
why is it that people take part in fan-boy stuff for instance someone i know at college is a big dreamast and nintendo fan and according to him these facts about the ps2 and xbox are true:

stupid biased facts:
"ps2 has only 8 bit like a gameboy not 128 bit its just a special chip that makes it look better"

"gamecube is more powerful than the xbox its proven"

"dreamcast is more powerful than ps2"

"gamecube and dreamcast have better games"

stupid comments:
"xbox is so big i'll need a house extension then another room for the control pad"

"ps2 may have the most games but only 4 of them are any good"

this stuff really annoys me because most of the time the people who say it actually belive it

i have a ps2 and its proven to have 128 bit

i'm gonna get a xbox and it is bigger than the other consoles because it is the most powerful and is like a miny pc but i don't see them complaining about the size of pcs

plus it has a built in hardrive so what do they expect

what i am saying is:

most people have ps2's and most people who have them are not usually biased and are usually open-minded

a lot of people did have dreamcasts but its done and dusted now so why can't people let it r.i.p

a lot of people have nintendo gamecubes and alot of them are nintendo fans or sega fans

and a good number of people have x-box's especially for christmas like me :)

what i'm saying is i got a ps2 because despite what alot of people say it has alot of good games and has a built in dvd :)

i'm getting a xbox because i like the fact you can put your own music in games plus save things on your own hardrive plus download extra characters levels etc etc like you can with pc's like expansion packs plus because i like the control pad plus i find the graphics amazing (well what i've seen from screenshots since i have'nt played a xbox) and most importantly i like loads of games that are out or coming out for it including

starwars jedi knight 2
starwars knights of the old republic
halo
halo 2
perfect dark 2
morrowind
battlefield 1942
toejam & earl

and loads more plus all the great looking games that are coming out in the future

and i did'nt get a gamecube because apart from a few games most do not appeal to me an because it has no extra features like a xbox

but different consoles are for different people so why can't everyone just get along ?
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:02
Regular
why is it that people take part in fan-boy stuff for instance someone i know at college is a big dreamast and nintendo fan and according to him these facts about the ps2 and xbox are true:

stupid biased facts:
"ps2 has only 8 bit like a gameboy not 128 bit its just a special chip that makes it look better"

"gamecube is more powerful than the xbox its proven"

"dreamcast is more powerful than ps2"

"gamecube and dreamcast have better games"

stupid comments:
"xbox is so big i'll need a house extension then another room for the control pad"

"ps2 may have the most games but only 4 of them are any good"

this stuff really annoys me because most of the time the people who say it actually belive it

i have a ps2 and its proven to have 128 bit

i'm gonna get a xbox and it is bigger than the other consoles because it is the most powerful and is like a miny pc but i don't see them complaining about the size of pcs

plus it has a built in hardrive so what do they expect

what i am saying is:

most people have ps2's and most people who have them are not usually biased and are usually open-minded

a lot of people did have dreamcasts but its done and dusted now so why can't people let it r.i.p

a lot of people have nintendo gamecubes and alot of them are nintendo fans or sega fans

and a good number of people have x-box's especially for christmas like me :)

what i'm saying is i got a ps2 because despite what alot of people say it has alot of good games and has a built in dvd :)

i'm getting a xbox because i like the fact you can put your own music in games plus save things on your own hardrive plus download extra characters levels etc etc like you can with pc's like expansion packs plus because i like the control pad plus i find the graphics amazing (well what i've seen from screenshots since i have'nt played a xbox) and most importantly i like loads of games that are out or coming out for it including

starwars jedi knight 2
starwars knights of the old republic
halo
halo 2
perfect dark 2
morrowind
battlefield 1942
toejam & earl

and loads more plus all the great looking games that are coming out in the future

and i did'nt get a gamecube because apart from a few games most do not appeal to me an because it has no extra features like a xbox

but different consoles are for different people so why can't everyone just get along ?
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:47
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
moh_fan wrote:

> "gamecube is more powerful than the xbox its proven"

Thats obviously not true (but who really cares anyway?)

> "dreamcast is more powerful than ps2"

To some degree this is true! the DC is a highly under rated console, but in other aspects the PS2 is more powerful than the DC (i cant be bothered to go into details regarding their advantages, dis-advantages but they both their strenghs and weaknesses and neither is better than the other in ALL areas).

> "gamecube and dreamcast have better games"

The Dreamcast has a fantastic library of games, but 'better' depends on what you like as an idividual so this is neither true nor false.

> i have a ps2 and its proven to have 128 bit

Same as the Dreamcast and Gamecube (all 3 are great consoles)

> and i did'nt get a gamecube because apart from a few games most do not
> appeal to me an because it has no extra features like a xbox

Ive got a GC and its a great console but i can see that it isnt everybodys 'cuppa Tea'. Each to their own.

> but different consoles are for different people so why can't everyone
> just get along ?

I couldnt agree more.
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:06
"+ suspicious minds"
can't be arsed to read all replies, but most people are not open minded. moost people buy an PS2 because its cool, and then buy feck all for it.
Sat 07/12/02 at 00:51
Regular
moh_fan wrote:
> just get along ?

Because life would be boring. It's true - don't try to deny it, everyone loves a good console wars fight. If we all got along then this would be a bland and uninteresting world. A world with problems is a happy world.

X-Box sucks. Discuss. ;D.
Sat 07/12/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Maverick42 wrote:
> moh_fan wrote:
> but different consoles are for different people so why can't
> everyone
> just get along ?
>
> Because life would be boring. It's true - don't try to deny it,
> everyone loves a good console wars fight. If we all got along then
> this would be a bland and uninteresting world. A world with problems
> is a happy world.
>
> X-Box sucks. Discuss. ;D.

Yes, i'll second all of that.

Just to start an argument - X BOX IS CRAP X BOX IS CRAP LA LA !

sing it
Sat 07/12/02 at 11:56
Regular
lol start a argument well not with me anyway anyone who says its crap from now on i will just ignore

but gamecube sucks the little purple cube witha handle so poofy lol
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:27
Maverick42 wrote:
> everyone loves a good console wars fight. If we all got along then
> this would be a bland and uninteresting world. A world with problems
> is a happy world.
>
> X-Box sucks. Discuss. ;D.

Thats the problem with fanboys.

They cant discuss. All they do is make immature comments.

"My godz. The thing is like bigger than my houze like. X-Box suxors. I hate microsoft too and, even thoughz Im using Windows at thiz moments in timez, Im never going to touchers Microsoft productz."
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:49
Each consoles have different qualityz and different bad points. There are also some good games on certain consoles and soe bad games.
X-Box are huge but they have Halo and are soonn becoming an Online console (I own 1). They have a built in hard drive aswell so you do not have small annoying memory cards.
PS2 arent as big and have GTA3 and GTA:Vice City but PS2's did start off on a bad foot as they kept breaking. They also do not have a built in hard drive so you have to keep deleting files or buy a new one.
Dreamcasts were good at the time as they had the Internet and had some good games (e.g. Shenmue) But like some consoles, it went out of fashion and the games being produced were getting worse and worse.

I agree that fanboys are annoying but if thats how they feel about ertain consoles, you cant change their minds unless you smack em round the head a few times or show them how good an xbox and PS2 really are!
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:52
Regular
moh_fan wrote:

> just get along ?

You should see the stuff moh_fan has posted in the PS2 forum about Gamecube, what a hypocrite.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:32
Regular
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> "My godz. The thing is like bigger than my houze like. X-Box
> suxors. I hate microsoft too and, even thoughz Im using Windows at
> thiz moments in timez, Im never going to touchers Microsoft
> productz."

Yes, and you really love sticking it to 'em when in an abusive post to follow, don't you? I know I do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.