GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The State of Randomness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
Ok this was a wee bit strange and I wondered if it has ever happened to anyone else.

I put a CD on earlier and put it on Random mode. It played the tracks in the order of 1 to 10 then 12 then 11 and finished.

It made me think that 1-12 is a random possibility but do the companies such as Sony, Panasonic etc actually program that possibility out of their systems or has it actually happened to anyone?

Let me know!
Fri 01/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Ok this was a wee bit strange and I wondered if it has ever happened to anyone else.

I put a CD on earlier and put it on Random mode. It played the tracks in the order of 1 to 10 then 12 then 11 and finished.

It made me think that 1-12 is a random possibility but do the companies such as Sony, Panasonic etc actually program that possibility out of their systems or has it actually happened to anyone?

Let me know!
Fri 01/03/02 at 20:19
Regular
"es argh"
Could we finish our conversation on mini apple pies?
Fri 01/03/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Go for it dude, i believe we got as far as your suggestion of microwaving them and covering them with custard!!

I often microwave them until the burst open but i like putting ice cream on them then and having a stark hot/cold contrast!!
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:06
Regular
"es argh"
I once put a solid lump of chocolate on top of an apple pie coated in custard, I then put it in the microwave on full heat

Bad idea, the chocolate burst into flames, but worst of all, the apple pie was ruined :(

Hybrid Valves wrote:
I often microwave them until the burst open but i like putting ice cream on them then and having a stark hot/cold contrast!!

Ohhhhhh that's lovely, the strange taste of hot and cold contrasting leaves a really tasty mixture.

The only pie I don't particularly like is Mince pie, that is unless it's coated in hot custard and cold ice cream :)
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
I've always wanted one of them cool Breville pie makers, i would make all kinds of strange pies then, like bake beans, sausage and cheese pie or something cool loke that.

You could make an ice cream pie a bit like a baked alaska...

hhhhmmm.. pie!
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:16
Regular
I guess I know who ate all the pies then...

(Just call me a comedy genius, it's ok.)
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
You're a comedy genius, and so is your mum HA HA!
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:22
Regular
That did actually make me laugh out loud.

Spurting ribena out through my nose. B*****d.

:-D
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:25
Regular
"es argh"
hmmm, a coincidence?

I saw American Pie last night.

hmmmm....

Oh but I didn't want to watch it, oh no, the remote fell on the floor and on came the screen coincidence huh?

*looks worried*
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Badger Man, i hope that AMerican Pie didn't give you any ideas on how to love pies more, it'll all end in tears that way i promise!

Glad i made you laugh Your Honour!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.