GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
What console should I buy Timesplitters 2 for? what does it play best on, any ideas? Also what do you think of it?
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:58
Regular
Ive played the TS2 on the GC in mulltiplayer and in co-op. They both do suffer with a little slow down. Its not much, but will still get you killed by a bot if your not careful.

All three versions are good though. Just pick the one that you feel that you will use the most, down to 4 player ports, system link, controller, et cetera.

I got the xbox version and the only problem ive had with it is when i load a created map (that has been fully used up) the load screen will take an exrta 10 seconds. Nothing bad though.

i must have about 30 'good' maps now. Its suprising how they build up with out you realising.
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Blank wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> Actually, people in the Nintendo forum have said it suffers occasional
> slowdown on particularly frantic multiplayer modes, and Silent85 said
> that it has slight slowdown when you click "Arcade Leagues",

Ive been playing TS2 on the GC solidly since getting it 4 days ago and there has been no slow-down whatsoever, not even a hint of it, im not sure what these people have been seeing but the FPS remains steady regardless of onscreen activity.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:56
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> adrian makes valid points (except maybe the one about the
> controller... ;-), but you should know that the game itself looks and
> plays exactly the same, regardless of platform.

Actually, people in the Nintendo forum have said it suffers occasional slowdown on particularly frantic multiplayer modes, and Silent85 said that it has slight slowdown when you click "Arcade Leagues", I think. I can verify that the PS2 version has none of these problems. But then the PS2 requires a multitap, and the Xbox has more memory. So they all have their own advantages, and you should buy the one that has the more appealing advantage.

And on the controller issue - I agree with Wookie (I think he said this) that teh PS2 analogue sticks are parallel and so it's easier to control, as they're both used for movement. Of course, you can alter the controls to suit you, but then you might be using one analogue stick and one d-pad, which I can't even bear to think about. :)
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:56
"High polygon count"
Mantis wrote:
> Another advantage with the Xbox version of TS2- if you want to play
> multiplayer you don't need to fork out for a pesky multitap.

I don't see why people keep bringing this up, as it's mostly irrelevant. Sure, you have to buy one, but if you often play multiplayer games, chances are you have one anyway.

It's not like you have to buy a new one for every new game - and it's no worse than having to pay a one-time fee for anything else, like - for instance - Xbox Live.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What was the comment that made me laugh the other night?

That's it!

"Oh, have you swallowed a bowling ball or something?"
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Wookie wrote:
> . I still find the analogue sticks on the XBox and GC give me a very unbalanced feeling when playing a game that uses both simultaneously.

Opposite for me. I simply couldn't use the Dual Shock for Frontline, the sticks seemed instintivly wrong after using the Xbox pad. Also I think the PS2 thumbsticks arn't as responsive as the Xbox ones.Its personal preference.

Another advantage with the Xbox version of TS2- if you want to play multiplayer you don't need to fork out for a pesky multitap.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:34
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Still its a personal preference. But for me the PS2 isnt that suited to
> FPS's as the analogue sticks arent right.

Although I bought the Xbox version, I actually preferred using the PS2 controller when I played the demo. I still find the analogue sticks on the XBox and GC give me a very unbalanced feeling when playing a game that uses both simultaneously.

(First person to make a comment about me being unbalanced gets a poke in the eye...!)
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:30
"High polygon count"
Justice wrote:
> Does anyone else have this problem?

Quite a few people suffer the same problem with FPS games - it's a form of motion sickness. I have a cousin who suffers from it.

You're not alone, but there's not much that can be done about it.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:27
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
For some reason, I can't play this hame at all, as it makes me want to throw up after only five minutes. This is the only game that has managed this effect on me ever, and I had to sell it, so I'd try a demo if pos.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> adrian makes valid points (except maybe the one about the
> controller... ;-)

Actually I think that both the GC and XBox has the better controls due to the position of the analogue sticks, as both XBox and GC have the same layout. I dont know how many buttons are needed for Timesplitters so the GC pad may be better for this game. Still its a personal preference. But for me the PS2 isnt that suited to FPS's as the analogue sticks arent right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.