GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
What console should I buy Timesplitters 2 for? what does it play best on, any ideas? Also what do you think of it?
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:28
What console should I buy Timesplitters 2 for? what does it play best on, any ideas? Also what do you think of it?
Tue 03/12/02 at 17:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I would say XBox as it has the system link option. On all formats you can make your own levels for the game, but think of the limited space on a PS2 or GC memory card. XBox will be able to save thousands and thousands of levels. Personnally I think the XBox controller is suited to FPS games.
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:37
"High polygon count"
adrian makes valid points (except maybe the one about the controller... ;-), but you should know that the game itself looks and plays exactly the same, regardless of platform.

I played the demo on PS2, but bought the game on Xbox. Although I have had intermittent problems saving the game, with occasional reports hard drive problems.
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Wait until it corrupts and you lose all of your data!

Then we'll be laughing!
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> adrian makes valid points (except maybe the one about the
> controller... ;-)

Actually I think that both the GC and XBox has the better controls due to the position of the analogue sticks, as both XBox and GC have the same layout. I dont know how many buttons are needed for Timesplitters so the GC pad may be better for this game. Still its a personal preference. But for me the PS2 isnt that suited to FPS's as the analogue sticks arent right.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:27
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
For some reason, I can't play this hame at all, as it makes me want to throw up after only five minutes. This is the only game that has managed this effect on me ever, and I had to sell it, so I'd try a demo if pos.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:30
"High polygon count"
Justice wrote:
> Does anyone else have this problem?

Quite a few people suffer the same problem with FPS games - it's a form of motion sickness. I have a cousin who suffers from it.

You're not alone, but there's not much that can be done about it.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:34
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Still its a personal preference. But for me the PS2 isnt that suited to
> FPS's as the analogue sticks arent right.

Although I bought the Xbox version, I actually preferred using the PS2 controller when I played the demo. I still find the analogue sticks on the XBox and GC give me a very unbalanced feeling when playing a game that uses both simultaneously.

(First person to make a comment about me being unbalanced gets a poke in the eye...!)
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Wookie wrote:
> . I still find the analogue sticks on the XBox and GC give me a very unbalanced feeling when playing a game that uses both simultaneously.

Opposite for me. I simply couldn't use the Dual Shock for Frontline, the sticks seemed instintivly wrong after using the Xbox pad. Also I think the PS2 thumbsticks arn't as responsive as the Xbox ones.Its personal preference.

Another advantage with the Xbox version of TS2- if you want to play multiplayer you don't need to fork out for a pesky multitap.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What was the comment that made me laugh the other night?

That's it!

"Oh, have you swallowed a bowling ball or something?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.