GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal crossing will kick the Sims 'deluxe' into a small box of matches"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
Remembering Back to top scores fannyboy post about sims 'deluxe' for Ps2, I realised that it will be outsole four-one by nintendo's own spinn off.

sims is a new genre. It works well on pc, the mouse giving you easy access to the menu's and popup screens for things. It will simply not work with PS2. it would be almost impossible to presisly click onto a rubbishg pile or moving person in a freemoving mode, using the control stick or buttons. they might be able to use the D-Pad to navagate by floor tile, but this would prove a tiresome selection choice. and the menues off screen, there are too many menu's to use the four buttons on the Controller, and in theory you could navigate using buttons to switch from screen to menu's, but it would prove complicated.

animal crossing, the Nintendo equivelent. full controll over what your charicter does. and in this game, you actually get to DO your job, instead of making sure you wake up for the carpool. you have to make friends in the communiny, and this is not just tedious stat building, you also actually have something Worth spending your money, or 'bells' on. the ability to actually buy and support a console, rather than just buy a better computer, seems slightly more of a tasty Idea to this game fannatic.

in short, The sims sucks because it is all about satisfying your character. In Animal crossing, the game tries to satisfy YOU.
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:39
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:

> But it sounds cool the way you can send presents to people in other
> villages and then they will move to yours.
>
> Cube do a cool animal crossing diary, its great!
>
> (:)

what?
no they dont.

if you send a present to someone you are given a code, the code can then be told to your mate and he can enter it in HIS game, the codes are preset so you wont get a unique one for an item.

and, yes you need to have the memory card for the other town inserted to visit that town
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:31
Regular
I got The Sims for free, played it for about a month. Sold it for a fiver.

Animal Crossing will be like sex, but better.

(ignore that)
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:04
Regular
A few days more like...
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:03
Regular
What do you mean 'the last few'?

It went downhill after about 2 weeks of playing the original.
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Anyone heard anything about a European release date yet??

And The Sims has really gone downhill during the last few Expansion Packs.
Hot Date is the only decent one as it allows you to go to new places, and do new things. Much better than getting more clothes and objects to cram into your jam-packed houses, causing your PC to struggle as you scroll acroos the screen. On Holiday was OK, but it was just like Hot Date, but with different places. I haven't played Unleashed yet, but my sister's getting that for Christmas. It won't do a lot for the series though...

I also fail to see how the PS2 pad will operate The Sims games as-well-as the PC's Keyboard and Mouse does. But can't you already buy keyboards and mouses for PS2's?? Problem solved.

Animal Crossing will rule!! :D
Wed 04/12/02 at 12:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well to be fair I think it'll be hard for a game to be worse than the Sims, as it really is quite bad. The Sims can be entertaining though, for about the first day or two after you buy it then it becomes slowly repetitive and boring. I think it's the world’s first observational simulator, as apposed to an actual game.

I haven't heard much about animal crossing, but if it produces a gaming experience that rewards and entertains you in the way the same didn't, I'm all for it.
Wed 04/12/02 at 09:55
Yeah, Crossing looks ace!

Ya know when you go into a friends town with a memory card....Well, do you have to insert that memory card everytime you wanna do it?

I spose you must have to.

But it sounds cool the way you can send presents to people in other villages and then they will move to yours.

Cube do a cool animal crossing diary, its great!

(:)
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:44
Regular
Animal Crossing look so cool its beyond belief.
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:40
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
Wasn't this already posted in fog

cool out
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
That only applys to me and Gerrid.

Either both of us are crazy, and we are the sane ones and the rest of you are crazy.

Naturally we are the sane ones, and you lot are the crazy people. Especcially Cyclone, that crazy mother funker.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.