GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If your PS2 popped its clogs..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/03/02 at 15:55
Regular
It's mid-May.

You get home from work/school, have your dinner, and go to play on your PS2, and it doesn't work.

Assume for the sake of this post that it's out of warranty, and Sony won't replace it (even though they are known for replacing out-of-warranty machines anyway).

What do you do?

a) Buy another PS2.
b) Buy an Xbox.
c) Buy a GameCube
Sat 02/03/02 at 23:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
People who buy those extended warranties are stupid.

My PS2 has one year extra on it, but thats only because my dads bank gives me an extra years warranty with any purchase made with the credit card. (My dad used his card to get the PS2).

Thats the advantages with a Lloyds TSB Gold Credit Card

:D
Sat 02/03/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well, if your clever and you get 4 yrs Insurance like me.. you wouldn't have a problem would you?
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:55
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Wonder how many PS2 games OPS2M would give me for a picture of an Xbox model
> made up entirely of Gamecubes?

Just thought... it would be smaller than the real thing! :-)
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:53
"High polygon count"
Wonder how many PS2 games OPS2M would give me for a picture of an Xbox model made up entirely of Gamecubes?
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:51
Regular
heh really? a smashed up playstation for 5 M64 games.
maybe they will do 5 Game Cube games for a smashed up PS2
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:47
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Official Nintendo Magazine used to give 5 N64 games for any pics of
> Smashed up Playstations. Pritty good actually, buy a PSx for about £100
> and get 5 £50 N64 games...

Sounds about their level!
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:47
"High polygon count"
Legendary Link wrote:
> I would probably buy a Gamecube and use the PS2 as a nice doorstop. My Dualshock
> is conking out, it sounds really crap and keeps getting weaker, is anyone
> elses?

If you phone Sony, chances are they'll send you a new one. My mate FatButcher has already had 2 from them! :-)
Sat 02/03/02 at 01:45
Option 'A' and then I'd cry because I couldn't play PES for a while :(

ISS Extreme
Fri 01/03/02 at 23:58
Regular
Gamecube has already been paid for and is coming to my door on May 3rd.

Hmmmm, If my PS2 was brocked beyond repair I would take great joy in dropping it out of my bedroom window.

Do it with all my brocken stuff. Hate it when I find the receipt that says it is still under Warrenty though...Last thing I did it with was My old beard trimmer. didnt break totally so I mashed it with a Hammer.

I'm sure some magazine will give you a prize for smashing a PS2 up. Official Nintendo Magazine used to give 5 N64 games for any pics of Smashed up Playstations. Pritty good actually, buy a PSx for about £100 and get 5 £50 N64 games...
Fri 01/03/02 at 19:34
Regular
I would probably buy a Gamecube and use the PS2 as a nice doorstop. My Dualshock is conking out, it sounds really crap and keeps getting weaker, is anyone elses?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.