GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHAT DO U THINK IS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 20:53
Regular
I THINK XBOX
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
JAZZY-JACK wrote:
> of course its not going to cosy you a grand you idiot
> number1/ your making your own so you dont have to pay the likes of
> dell to make it for you
> and two you will probably get mediocre stuff ( £10 graphics card
> from the local carboot sale.)

Yeah I know it's not going to cost a grand idiot, and no I'm not going to get mediorce stuff to put in it either.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
cipro wrote:
> Funny, I'm building my own PC next year and it isn't going to cost
> anywhere near 1 grand.

of course its not going to cosy you a grand you idiot
number1/ your making your own so you dont have to pay the likes of dell to make it for you
and two you will probably get mediocre stuff ( £10 graphics card from the local carboot sale.)
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sorted.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:31
Regular
No i will not carry on arguing you like pc gaming i like my xbox and ps2

i'll leave it at that
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Wow, all the responses I'd expect from a console fanboy, nothing new there. Any problems I have with my computer usually stem from something I've done, so are easily fixed.

My brother has a laptop; it betters my computer in every way except the graphics card, which is crap. Why is this? Well because laptops are basically portable word processors, they're designs for people who can't access PC's while on the move which is why you friend can't play games on them.

I understand why people like you wouldn't fork our money on PC gaming, after all with a paper round you won't be bringing in much capital, but there is one reason I will always put PC gaming ahead of consoles. It's better, for me at least, so I don't feel I'm wasting time or money by investing in it.

Continue arguing all you want, but my mind will never change on this subject.
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:57
Regular
still have poor loading times errors multiplayer lag and slower frame rates and then theres the size everyone takes the mickey of how big the xbox and thats its like a pc well its no way near as big as a pc but no one moans about the size of their pc strange that

well thats also strange becasue my mate has just got a new sony laptop which costs over a grand like £1400 and is very powerful still battlefield 1942 is not playable on it

i would much rather play these quality games on a system that can handle them and knowing that when i buy game its going to play ok without having to worry about system requirements
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Funny, I'm building my own PC next year and it isn't going to cost anywhere near 1 grand.
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:07
Regular
well that is up too you but since i ain't going to waste over a grand on a decent enough pc to play these games then i'll get a xbox it is the most powerful of the console and is the only console that could play such powerful games plus then theres loading times errors hardrive space on all pcs none of this fuss is with a xbox

and after all you buy a console for the games like you just said and since i wanna play these good pc/xbox games then i got a xbox instead of a new pc because of its cheaper and the reasons above and becasue i already own a ps2 and have no interest in the games on the cube with pherhaps the exception of mario kart whenever it comes out
Tue 10/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
moh_fan wrote:
> power:xbox

If anyone buys a console solely because it's 'powerful' then they're a cretin. Unless a games console has a good selection of games I won't buy it, hence why I don't bother going out to buy an x-box.

Well that the fact that more than half the games you mentioned moh_fan I can already get on my PC cheaper, or on another console. That's the only problem I have with the X-Box, it's lack of variaty.
Tue 10/12/02 at 13:58
Regular
so xbox has

these game out now or coming out

starwars knights of the old republic
B.C
Tork
halo
halo 2
perfect dark zero
mechassault
morrowind
battlefield 1942
medal of honour allied assault
unreal championship

etc etc

Anyway this is bloody annoying now all people do is post pointless posts like this all the time what is the best console the fact is there is no overall best console

if you was to do it in catergories like:

power:xbox
biggest choice of games:ps2
value for money: gamecube (although could be xbox as well)

etc etc

but at the end of the day everone should follow this advice

forget what your friends have got and what other people say and buy the console that YOU want which has the most games YOU want

after all why do people argue over consoles i know it will never stop but this what the companys want you to do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.