GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHAT DO U THINK IS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 20:53
Regular
I THINK XBOX
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:37
"period drama"
Such sweet memories.

Back to the NES - did anyone have a game called Battle of Oylmpus? It was a kind of RPG side-scroller.

And Shadowgate which was also like an RPG - you had a picture of a room and had to choose what to do like 'touch' 'take' 'look' etc with the different objects.
Sounds crap but it ruled - and scared me.

Aaaannndddd Solstice. You contolled this little purple man and had to go through puzzle rooms. The contolls were fecked and you had to turn the pad on its side to go in the right direction!

God, I loved those games.
I sat there, Saturday afternoon with a cup of apple juice whittiling the tie away.
Ahhhhhh.
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
No way, the furthurest I got to was where I had a helicopter and I had to dodge these thunder and lightning clouds.

If I remember correctly the first level was where you had to keep dropping down, and you could punch!!
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:24
"period drama"
R-one-oh-seven wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> And it had Alex Kid on it if you didn't put a game in - that ruled.
>
> I had one oof those - master system 2 though. Did you ever complete
> Alex Kidd?

I don't think so.
The first level was crap - you went down through the rocks or something. Booooorringgg.
But after that it was good - you could buy a motobike. A motobike, I say!

Did you complete it?
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> And it had Alex Kid on it if you didn't put a game in - that ruled.

I had one oof those - master system 2 though. Did you ever complete Alex Kidd?
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:50
"period drama"
I'd say NES just becasue it was my first ever console.
So many memories.....

Or the master system - my first Sonic experience. Those Sonics were the best - the cloud level especially.
And it had Alex Kid on it if you didn't put a game in - that ruled.
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:37
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I think those who voted for the SNES are wearing their rose-tinted spectacles. The SNES played host to many, many classics, but there was a lot of dross released for that console and it all cost £45 regardless (ta Nintendo!)

My favourite console has to be my DreamCast - so well designed, it sits quite comfortably next to the Xbox and GameCube, and still has a killer selection of games for virtually no money at all.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Nope. I think that the best console is the nes, or GC.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:15
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
I guess you think it is the PS2 do you?
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
That's because they're wrong. Partly.
Sun 15/12/02 at 10:57
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
Tribute wrote:
> Best Console? Gamecube.
>
> And why are you asking this in the PS2 forum? Don't you think that it
> is a BIT likely that the majority of people who read this thread will
> own a PS2, as Nintys and such don't venture into heere much?

You'd think so wouldn't you. I haven't looked back very far, but from what I've seen lots of people are saying things like the nez and the dreamcast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.