GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Salutations my fellow Xbox owners"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 12:27
Regular
Long time no see from the Edgeman, due to the unexpected tiredness and late homecoming that has taken over this last week or so.

However, there is another culprit keeping me offline for quite a while now, and shockingly it isn't Starfox Adventures and the GameCube. Far from it! This time, I have been offline due to the swapping of MicroMachines for the game they call...Halo.

And what a game it is! Although not exactly the best shooting game, it has the least amount of screenfog and an innovative 'two weapons' system that keeps the action hot. The annoying flood, very similar to the creatures in Halflife, could have been bettered - instead of making the levels feel rushed and repetative, but the game as a whole is a shocker!

Quality!

But now the initial urge to play that game 24/7, or atleast all the time I am home, has ceased to be and I am now regaining control of my life...
Thu 05/12/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Alcofrolic wrote:
> sure its got lovely graphics and sound, but the controls really let it
> down!
> no circle strafing unless in combat, no looking around while
> running!
> whats that all about!?!?!

WTF ? Never heard this about it before, sounds like these two things are rather glaring omissions from the game...

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:15
"Uzi Lover"
I don't think Metroid Prime will be all that either. Sure it will be good but not as great as everyone is saying.

Come a few weeks after it's release we'll be hyping the next big release.
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:11
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Halo - Pure excellence, I have completed it twice, And going through
> it on Legendary. Its the advanced AI and graphics that beat other
> games to the ground. The Flood adds and intresting twist to the
> storyline I reckon.
>
> Metroid Prime - Nintendos answer to Halo, And looks sure to be on
> biatch of a game!

I got metroid prime on the day of release in the US, and to be honest i wasnt all that impressed with it

sure its got lovely graphics and sound, but the controls really let it down!
no circle strafing unless in combat, no looking around while running!
whats that all about!?!?!
it makes it a really poor experience as a game to play....

give me halo over it any day
Thu 05/12/02 at 10:26
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> A lot of people seem to be buying an X-Box now. A friend of mine
> recently bought one and now 2 other friends have just recently told me
> they intend to buy one this month.

I may even buy another one, the current deal is so good...
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Looks like your the brains of the group then Mustapha. ;-)
Oh well, let em miss out. ;-)
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
because my friends all have ps2's ,i know of only one with an xbox
they all think the xbox graphics are rubbish and the gameplay slow (idiots)
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Glad to see your enjoying your X-Box and Halo Edgy. ;-)

A lot of people seem to be buying an X-Box now. A friend of mine recently bought one and now 2 other friends have just recently told me they intend to buy one this month. I'm well happy about that because that means some damn fine system link games on the way. ;-)
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
We wern't lying when we said Halo was a fantastic game you know. Do you think we'd make that up for fun?

Splinter Cell is another Xbox game which is a must have. Buy it now.
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:48
Regular
I had played it before I bought it - just I found MicroMachines to be the worst in the series of MMs games so I had to change it for something better - and decided it would be a perfect opportunity to get Halo.

I didn't pay full prive for it either - as it was part of a deal with my Xbox. (not the official Microsoft bundle though)
Wed 04/12/02 at 17:58
Regular
Halo - Pure excellence, I have completed it twice, And going through it on Legendary. Its the advanced AI and graphics that beat other games to the ground. The Flood adds and intresting twist to the storyline I reckon.

Metroid Prime - Nintendos answer to Halo, And looks sure to be on biatch of a game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.