GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Salutations my fellow Xbox owners"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/12/02 at 12:27
Regular
Long time no see from the Edgeman, due to the unexpected tiredness and late homecoming that has taken over this last week or so.

However, there is another culprit keeping me offline for quite a while now, and shockingly it isn't Starfox Adventures and the GameCube. Far from it! This time, I have been offline due to the swapping of MicroMachines for the game they call...Halo.

And what a game it is! Although not exactly the best shooting game, it has the least amount of screenfog and an innovative 'two weapons' system that keeps the action hot. The annoying flood, very similar to the creatures in Halflife, could have been bettered - instead of making the levels feel rushed and repetative, but the game as a whole is a shocker!

Quality!

But now the initial urge to play that game 24/7, or atleast all the time I am home, has ceased to be and I am now regaining control of my life...
Wed 04/12/02 at 12:27
Regular
Long time no see from the Edgeman, due to the unexpected tiredness and late homecoming that has taken over this last week or so.

However, there is another culprit keeping me offline for quite a while now, and shockingly it isn't Starfox Adventures and the GameCube. Far from it! This time, I have been offline due to the swapping of MicroMachines for the game they call...Halo.

And what a game it is! Although not exactly the best shooting game, it has the least amount of screenfog and an innovative 'two weapons' system that keeps the action hot. The annoying flood, very similar to the creatures in Halflife, could have been bettered - instead of making the levels feel rushed and repetative, but the game as a whole is a shocker!

Quality!

But now the initial urge to play that game 24/7, or atleast all the time I am home, has ceased to be and I am now regaining control of my life...
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:04
Regular
See, I'm still not convinced by Halo, because I've never actually read anywhere as to why it is so damn good. I've read reviews and everything, and a lot of people talk about the bad things in the game, but it still gets an ace score.

All I've played on it is a little on a pod in Game, and I wasn't instantly impressed beyond all doubt that this is why I should own an Xbox, I think Xbox Live will be the first thing which makes place an Xbox beside my PS2 and 'Cube.
Wed 04/12/02 at 13:57
Regular
Halo's single player is pretty fun, the squad play and 2 weapons system is good. The shield system is brilliant too.

The single player missions are a bit long and repetitive though.
Halo's best is in the multiplayer with the vehicles and stuff.
It's almost as fun as a Nintendo game...
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:08
Regular
Is it actually possible to use Banshees in deathmatch mode? Me and my brother had a quick look to see if it is possible, but aren't sure - so far it doesn't look that way to us...
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:59
"slightlyshortertagl"
nope.. not as far as I know... but if you want to have a laugh play a level with Banshees make sure you have a checkpoint.. then go to the area with Banshees, get up into the air and have your own deathmatch.. with the added challenge of having enemies shooting at you :0)
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:15
Regular
Hmmm, if I remember rightly you said that Halo didn't appeal to you Edgy.

Perhaps you should always play games before you shoot them down...
Wed 04/12/02 at 17:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Your Honour wrote:
> Hmmm, if I remember rightly you said that Halo didn't appeal to you
> Edgy.
>
> Perhaps you should always play games before you shoot them down...

No body better shoot down Metroid.

I have just received it on import.

I won't be posting again for a long time. I am taking tommorrow off college as well. I plan to be ill.

Oh my god what a game.
Wed 04/12/02 at 17:58
Regular
Halo - Pure excellence, I have completed it twice, And going through it on Legendary. Its the advanced AI and graphics that beat other games to the ground. The Flood adds and intresting twist to the storyline I reckon.

Metroid Prime - Nintendos answer to Halo, And looks sure to be on biatch of a game!
Wed 04/12/02 at 18:48
Regular
I had played it before I bought it - just I found MicroMachines to be the worst in the series of MMs games so I had to change it for something better - and decided it would be a perfect opportunity to get Halo.

I didn't pay full prive for it either - as it was part of a deal with my Xbox. (not the official Microsoft bundle though)
Wed 04/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
We wern't lying when we said Halo was a fantastic game you know. Do you think we'd make that up for fun?

Splinter Cell is another Xbox game which is a must have. Buy it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.