GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PC chat and advice thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/13 at 18:38
"possibly impossible"
So here it is PC fans, a thread I'm starting for my own selfish intentions but that will hopefully lead to lots of friendly gaming and hardware banter.

First offer of the day; What graphics card should I get?

I got a fairly good deal on a PC the other day. AMD A8 5500 Quad Core with4GB DDR3 and a GT620 graphics card.

Obviously the graphics card is the weak element here and I want something decent but under £100. I know the AMD cards in the 6000/7000 series don't require more power (only have a 300w PSU) so that would be good and some are even DDR5. Any suggestions (or second hand cards you might want to sell!)

That said, played Borderlands 2 on medium settings and it looked OK and played fine.
Wed 12/06/13 at 21:16
"possibly impossible"
They need a 500W PSU by the look of it. Was wondering about the 7750 which I could install without changing my PSU.

My A8 comes with a ATI Radeon HD 7560D built in, though these built in graphics cards aren't as fast as the standard ones and share memory.

Difficult to know whether it would just be faster without the NVidia, but that has 1GB of its own memory. The A10 isn't much of a step up. either.

The 7750 also has the benefit of working similar to a crossfire between two AMD cards with the APU.

Also would be interested to know what others are/have been running and the results for popular games at certain resolutions.
Wed 12/06/13 at 19:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz CPU

with

AMD Radeon HD 6670 £62

HD6670

or

AMD Radeon HD 7770 £114

HD 7770

or

AMD Radeon HD 7850 £151

HD7850

A few to choose from and a suggested CPU :¬)
Wed 12/06/13 at 18:38
"possibly impossible"
So here it is PC fans, a thread I'm starting for my own selfish intentions but that will hopefully lead to lots of friendly gaming and hardware banter.

First offer of the day; What graphics card should I get?

I got a fairly good deal on a PC the other day. AMD A8 5500 Quad Core with4GB DDR3 and a GT620 graphics card.

Obviously the graphics card is the weak element here and I want something decent but under £100. I know the AMD cards in the 6000/7000 series don't require more power (only have a 300w PSU) so that would be good and some are even DDR5. Any suggestions (or second hand cards you might want to sell!)

That said, played Borderlands 2 on medium settings and it looked OK and played fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.