GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC - Don't worry!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/02/02 at 19:47
Regular
We are all very dissapointed to see how the Legend of Zelda should appear on the GameCube sometime next year, and even more so to realise that we sadly won't be seeing Link and co. in that superbly-stunning graphical appearence witnessed at E3 last year. There are still a lot of people on these forums that feel the game won't be as good, mainly because of it's appearence, and think it will fail in time.

I admit that I am dissapointed with it's appearence, and I was expecting and would've loved something more like the E3 footage, but I still think that we must have faith in Nintendo, and have no doubts over it, no matter how bad it looks!

Remember when Zelda first came out on the N64??
The whole game looked like a whole new experience! The graphics and style of gameplay were a whole lot different, and we all loved it! And the success of Ocarina of Time was followed up with a sequel of Majora's Mask, also a top-class game!
So who's to say something similar CANNOT happen with Zelda GC??
I think it's possible, like with the first N64 game, the graphics are a whole lot different, and the control system should differ slightly to that of the legendary N64 titles. So we should again be getting something new and different from Nintendo. And I think it should be great, even if it is gunna fall under the category of Ninty's new 'Short n' Sweet' policy!

All you have to do to realise the potential that this game has is to look at the previous games in the long running series, and then think that the 128-bit GameCube brings it up another full level in standards!
Go back to the start, when the 'Legend of Zelda' was just a 2-D side-scrolling game on the NES. People must have had strong feelings for this game, otherwise I don't think it'd be where it is today!
It then went on to a top-down view, which helped to improve the RPD-Adventure elements of the game, when it reached the SNES and GameBoy Colour formats.
And with the N64, another 'chance' was taken, as Shigsy and co. decided that they'd use the N64's full potential, and create not just one, but 2 MASSIVE epic-titles, that would stun and amaze their gaming audience!

So as you can see, each time Nintendo have made changes to a Zelda game, as the series reaches a new format, they've always worked out for the best! So why on Earth would it change if it's going onto a newer and greater console, yet again!!???

Nintendo surely cannot be going wrong if they are trying out something that's pretty new to most games developers! The only other game I can think of that uses this 'cell-shading' technique is 'Cell Damage', which will be released on both GameCube and X-box.
By using this new style, not only would Nintendo be doing something that rivals are yet to experiment with, I think that this 'cartoony-look' adds the slight possibility as to wether a highly-anticipated Zelda Adventure-Film could be created in a Disney-style cartoony look!
But of course, we'd all prefer to see a Zelda film in a more realistic appearence, like Final Fantasy, it's RPG rival!

So if we give it time, look at the success of other Zeldas, and then eventually go on to play the new one, we could all be plesantly surprised!

Aswell as having high expectations for the new GameCube Zelda, I also think that the portable GBA version should also definitley be one to look out for!

I'm also glad to see that al this talk of how bad Zelda looks has all died down in this forum. Or is it this forum that's dying??
Thu 07/03/02 at 19:47
I really liked the first idea of zelda for gamecube. although i have every faith in nintendo, i really do hate the new look zelda. The GameCube is supposed to have amazing graphics, but these are not shown in the cartoon-style zelda look at all. It is just not the game for older nintendo fans
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:26
Regular
GrimMetal wrote:
> I really hope they make Zelda on the Cube a dark cartoon with a bloody battle at
> the end to shut you and your disney spurting mouth up.

:)

Zelda in Manga? That would be cool! :-D
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:18
Regular
I don't know why we're all debating this becaause its no as if we aren't gonna buy the game because of it
Wed 06/03/02 at 08:59
I really hope they make Zelda on the Cube a dark cartoon with a bloody battle at the end to shut you and your disney spurting mouth up.

:)
Tue 05/03/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yep, that's what i've been trying to say, he'll do fine!
This cartoony look could be good for the animations in-game!
And I still think it also leads to the possibility of a Disney-style Zelda film, suitable for kids in appearence!
Mon 04/03/02 at 19:52
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
I was also a bit dissapointed when the screenshots came out showing link in cartoon, but I think that although he is made of paper, he will do fine.

ccccccccccooooooooooooooollllllll!!!!!!!
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:39
Regular
Nicely put. Hey Indian dude, would you read my parody of the Weakest link and tell me what you think?
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:38
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
people .... read what i say !! ive said at least 5 times on these forums. Nintendo is big , it has many teams , many games programmers and designers. Some of those teams are small and some are big. The small ones make the small , short lived but good games, That fill up the release scedule and look like the gamecube has lots of games coming out for it.
Then we have the big teams , that are more experienced and have the likes of shigsy in them. These teams make the big epic games that we all love. These will come out further apart and be great for doing so.

Why are ninty doing this ? ... because in the past the have been critised for only releaseing a few games every year. And tis new short and sweet thing is great !! it means more games for us , a fuller release scedule so your ps2 or xbox owning friends can't critise you for having no games on your console.
And if zelda and mario were going to be short and sweet then they would have been out by now , but no they are still being developed , and have a good few months ahead of them before they are released.

So before anyone says any more about nintys short and sweet thing just read this .... PLEASE !
Fri 01/03/02 at 22:28
Zelda , a saga i could never forget.
Zelda in a single word? Masterpiece.
Absolute masterpieces. The Zelda saga shows the full potential of nintendo's game making ability.
When i first saw shots from Zelda GC i was apalled - to think nintendo would go BACK a step and ruin it!
I then began 2 think - the graphics was never anything i was actually concerned about when i played Zelda , but it was that story that unraveled after hours and hours of play!
But then it hit me.
Nintendos short and sweet policy is going to ruin many games.
The "gold" of nintendo is its long games!
Wat are they thinkin of?
Do you agree?
Does it make you mad?
Of course it does!!!
Fri 01/03/02 at 19:12
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
nintendo's short and sweet policy is only for some games.
ninty has hundreds of programmers and teams , some of them make the short games , to fillthe release list out and to get more games out. Then the bigger and better teams work on the bigger and better games. Eg , zelda and mario.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.