GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Myths"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/13 at 13:46
"possibly impossible"
Scanning the newspapers while I made lunch at work today, I noticed G2's article on debunking myths like 'you are never more than 6 feet from a Rat' or 'You can fit the population of the planet, shoulder to shoulder, on the Isle of Wight'

With these now debunked, I thought there might be a gap in the universe where widely accepted myths used to live, so why not come up with our own?

To work, they have to be fairly believable, though obviously untrue at the same time.

My first effort:

90% of women on internet forums are actually men.
Sat 04/05/13 at 20:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Golf ... sport ... excuse ... day out ... 19th hole, ho hey ... excuse ... been golfing dear, terrible incident at the 19th Charlie Farnsworth couldn't put it in the hole, water everywhere! Steward most displeased.
Sat 04/05/13 at 17:09
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
With the myths of the cycling world now busted, what about golfers? These people stroll leisurely around perfectly kept greens wearing attire Rupert The Bear wouldn\'t be seen dead in. Some of them even have battery powered toy cars to get their lazy tartan asses from one hole to the next while some minion follows them around with their stupidly overpriced collection of hitting sticks (which all do pretty much the same thing), apparently this activity is classed as \'sport\'...?

Ahh, golfing myths....

Like the one about how everyone can see the ball when watching golf on TV...
Sat 04/05/13 at 16:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
With the myths of the cycling world now busted, what about golfers? These people stroll leisurely around perfectly kept greens wearing attire Rupert The Bear wouldn't be seen dead in. Some of them even have battery powered toy cars to get their lazy tartan asses from one hole to the next while some minion follows them around with their stupidly overpriced collection of hitting sticks (which all do pretty much the same thing), apparently this activity is classed as 'sport'...?
Sat 04/05/13 at 13:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And we have to wear those aerodynamic helmets that make you look like an alien and all vehicles must be fitted with a bell.
Sat 04/05/13 at 13:28
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
I will also join in but only if the following terms are enforced:

We have to wear skin tight lycra body suits (stupid girly colours are compulsory as is the obligatory banana & couple of apples shoved down the front of them).

We have to wear Oakley sunglasses which cost at least 50% as much as our vehicles are worth and must be worn in all weathers and also at night.

We have special shoes that weld us to our foot controls so in the event of an accident we will most probably be unable to vacate our vehicles.

Do I also have to "fall off" my car with dramatic results in the event of an emergency?

And will I need to install one of those dinky plastic drinking bottles on the centre console, preferably in a position that is just slightly uncomfortable to reach and liable to make me swerve unpredictably?

I draw the line at shaving my legs...
Sat 04/05/13 at 13:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
I will also join in but only if the following terms are enforced:

We have to wear skin tight lycra body suits (stupid girly colours are compulsory as is the obligatory banana & couple of apples shoved down the front of them).

We have to wear Oakley sunglasses which cost at least 50% as much as our vehicles are worth and must be worn in all weathers and also at night.

We have special shoes that weld us to our foot controls so in the event of an accident we will most probably be unable to vacate our vehicles.
Sat 04/05/13 at 10:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
DL wrote:
Count me in ... when\'s the first meet?

Next year's Tour De France :)
Sat 04/05/13 at 10:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Count me in ... when's the first meet?
Sat 04/05/13 at 10:27
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Smedders wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]I do a bit of cycling and I know some guys who I now refuse to ride with, they insist on riding 3 abreast on busy main roads and will signal, then manoeuvre because they feel they have right of way. In my book a car/van/lorry always has the right of way as any \\\'disagreement\\\' is unlikely to end well for the cyclist...

There\'s a cycling club round here and they always ride 2 abreast, and if say 10 of them are out together they\'re 5 deep as well and cause huge tailbacks.

A number of times I\'ve seen motorists arguing with them and swerving at them as they pass.[/i]

See, I reckon us motorists should all join the local car club and drive two abreast, five deep...

At 10 mph...

Sounds like fun, don't it?
Sat 04/05/13 at 09:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
pete_21 wrote:
I do a bit of cycling and I know some guys who I now refuse to ride with, they insist on riding 3 abreast on busy main roads and will signal, then manoeuvre because they feel they have right of way. In my book a car/van/lorry always has the right of way as any \'disagreement\' is unlikely to end well for the cyclist...

There's a cycling club round here and they always ride 2 abreast, and if say 10 of them are out together they're 5 deep as well and cause huge tailbacks.

A number of times I've seen motorists arguing with them and swerving at them as they pass.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.