GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Score Charts......"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/02/02 at 10:59
Regular
I was wondering if SR might set up a system where we can give scores to our favourite games. I know there is the reviews section where all you little regulars can get your GADs but the reviews are quite often too long winded and to quote the oft-used cliche "it's just one persons opinion". Maybe we could have a page where each PS2 game can be given a score for graphics, playability, longevity, etc. Basically, we all know that the magazines can be pretty unreliable (no one mention backhanders!) and the best advertisement I can find for game is usually if you guys are talking about it.
It's a fairly uncomplicated thing to make, ie a database logging the scores and giving up an average. I know It'd be good for me, anyone else like the idea?
Thu 28/02/02 at 10:59
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
I was wondering if SR might set up a system where we can give scores to our favourite games. I know there is the reviews section where all you little regulars can get your GADs but the reviews are quite often too long winded and to quote the oft-used cliche "it's just one persons opinion". Maybe we could have a page where each PS2 game can be given a score for graphics, playability, longevity, etc. Basically, we all know that the magazines can be pretty unreliable (no one mention backhanders!) and the best advertisement I can find for game is usually if you guys are talking about it.
It's a fairly uncomplicated thing to make, ie a database logging the scores and giving up an average. I know It'd be good for me, anyone else like the idea?
Thu 28/02/02 at 11:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Sounds good, but you would be better putting this in the SR Site Bugs and Customer Service forum so that the staff have more of a chance of looking at it.
Thu 28/02/02 at 11:04
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Sounds good, but you would be better putting this in the SR Site Bugs and
> Customer Service forum so that the staff have more of a chance of looking at
> it.

Thought I'd see if the Regs like the idea first. It's more likely to happen if more people wantit. :>)
Thu 28/02/02 at 11:46
mothballed wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Sounds good, but you would be better putting this in the SR
> Site Bugs and
> Customer Service forum so that the staff have more of a
> chance of looking at
> it.

Thought I'd see if the Regs like the idea
> first. It's more likely to happen if more people wantit. :>)

Good idea, but, to be of benefit, people should be made to justify their opinions (as much as is possible), otherwise you'll just get the numerical equivalent of "this game is great" or "this game is rubbish".
Thu 28/02/02 at 12:16
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
ardbroilach wrote:
> mothballed wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Sounds good, but you would be
> better putting this in the SR
> Site Bugs and
> Customer Service forum
> so that the staff have more of a
> chance of looking at
> it.

Thought
> I'd see if the Regs like the idea
> first. It's more likely to happen if
> more people wantit. :>)

Good idea, but, to be of benefit, people should be
> made to justify their opinions (as much as is possible), otherwise you'll just
> get the numerical equivalent of "this game is great" or "this
> game is rubbish".

Maybe a line of justification would be ok for each category.....It might be good if you are able to see exactly what scores a specific member gave to a game....thereby gaining info from those that you trust and ignoring those you don't...plus it would cut down on postings from newbies asking what game they should buy...to which we all reply DMC,PE, GTA3, etc etc
Thu 28/02/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
Great idea!

An Amazon style star system with comments would work a treat here.

You've got my vote!
Thu 28/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The customer review section already covers this and it gives you an average score over all the reviews that have been posted. I would think that SR will say thats good enough.

Next time somebody posts is xxx any good just tell them to read the review..
Thu 28/02/02 at 13:05
nh wrote:
> The customer review section already covers this and it gives you an average
> score over all the reviews that have been posted. I would think that SR will say
> thats good enough.

Next time somebody posts is xxx any good just tell them to
> read the review..

Being relatively new to this forum I say that the existing reviews section is not as user friendly as a scoring system. Currently, the reviews feature everything from mini-theses posted in the hope of winning GAD to fairly basic plugging/bashing* (delete as appropriate). A bit more structure on the rating system would be a good add-on to the existing reviews, not a replacement.
Thu 28/02/02 at 13:47
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
ardbroilach wrote:
> nh wrote:
> The customer review section already covers this and it gives you
> an average
> score over all the reviews that have been posted. I would think
> that SR will say
> thats good enough.

Next time somebody posts is xxx any
> good just tell them to
> read the review..

Being relatively new to this
> forum I say that the existing reviews section is not as user friendly as a
> scoring system. Currently, the reviews feature everything from mini-theses
> posted in the hope of winning GAD to fairly basic plugging/bashing* (delete as
> appropriate). A bit more structure on the rating system would be a good add-on
> to the existing reviews, not a replacement.
Thu 28/02/02 at 13:49
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
oooops...just wanted to say I agree....with previous post plus I envisage a page with a fairly complete list of titles and their scores so that they can be compared more easily AND THEN games could be linked to the more in depth reviews/GAD attempts....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.