GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue III Ideas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:34
Regular
Hopefully sometime in 2003, Shenmue III will have arrive.
Now I'm not really bothered about what format it will be on or anything, just as-long-as I will be able to play it. So let's not start moaning about which console it should be on and why in here, please.

What I am interested in is the storyline - something that has played a huge-part in the last-few chapters of Shenmue to make it such an incredible experience.
But after the events at the end-of Shenmue II and Ryo's discoveries thanks to the help of Shenua, what could possibly happen next??

So if you've got any ideas as to where Yu Suzuki will take us next, or how the story will develop, or anything like that, then post them here.

**And if you haven't completed Shenmue II yet, I'd avise you to stay-out of here untill you're done as it could really spoil things for you!**

C'mon, throw some ideas at me!!

I've heard this will be the last game in the series, but I've also read in other places on-line that there are in-fact around 16-20 Chapters in-total that will spread-around a number of games during the next few years.
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:45
Regular
No Shenmue 3 confirmed yet but then again I am waiting for the release of Shenmue 2X for the Xbox so that I can play the game with slight improvements and in full Dolby Digital 5.1 :) I feel that after Shenmue 2X is launched over here is when Sega will confirm that Shenmue 3 is in developement. If they don't release Shenmue 3 it will be tradgic!
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
At the end of Shenmue II, the very-last picture you get behind the Credits is of Ryo and Shenhua, with 2 people behind them; one behind each of them.

To the left of Ryo is Lan Di. But to the right of Shenhua is some woman I do not recognise. Perhaps it's her mother? But she passed-away while Shenhua was young...

And how did her father just dissapear like that?
I would've said that Lan Di had gotten there first and taken him, but after reading that letter he left, it just can't be...

And has Shenmue III even been confirmed yet??!
Wed 05/02/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hope that the X-Box's Hard-Drive is put to good-use in this game, and Shenmue II. I don't know what exactly could be done, but for a start, I'm hoping that they'll be able to do-away with those frustrating loading-times between different areas, or at least something similar, and not just a graphical-boost.
But I think there's a lot of potential for Shenmue III with this; much in the style of Blinx and Fable; where you're able to basically do-what-you-want.

I can remember some of my ideas now...

The first one is that Ryo will die!
Maybe not at the end of Shenmue III, but I definitley get the feeling that he won't live past the end of the series. After playing through the first-game again, I've noticed that almost EVERYONE is worried about Ryo's life coming to an end - and not just because he is going to Hong Kong.
They're all saying stuff like `It wouldn't be the same without you, Ryo!`, and worrying like they know something he doesn't.

And with that whole 2 Mirrors business, and how they'll apparently raise some beast - I reckon that's the thing that'll end his life, and he'll do it to save the lives of many others -- Buffy-style (but without the ressurection).

And here are some more unlikely suggestions...

Nozomi comes-clean and reveals to Ryo about her true passions and feelings for Iwao, his father who passed-away.
She brought flowers to the Alter room for him, and NOT Ryo...
She's been really upset and miserable ever-since his father passed-away...
And that can't be because of the whole Canada thing, because she didn't decide on that untill later-on in the game.

In the third game, Ryo will return home to Japan, and "get it on" with one of Nozomi's friends - probably Eri! Only for Nozomi to sneak-home from Canada and surprise him, while also surprising herself!!

HA! :D

I also think that Ine-san knows something she's not telling Ryo, too....
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd love it if they included the abillity for Ryo to buy a vehicle, like a motorbike or normal bike, or even a cheap, old, run-down car.
That'd be brilliant!
But I'm sure he'll get to ride something again in this game, whether it's a car or not.

I still don't understand how he got that job driving a forklift, without a driving license...??

After playing through the game again, I've got a few more ideas...
I reckon that Ryo WILL return home to Fuku-san and his moaning, only to find that there's something Ine-san hasn't told him because she's only just remembered it.

I had loads more ideas last-night - including one about how Ryo will somehow be related to Lan Di after seeing them together again - but I just can't remember them all right now...
Mon 13/01/03 at 20:06
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
In Shenmue 3 they should also add a few thigns which can make it a pick up and play game as well, such as more games, more arcade as well as vehicles to drive..... Not only would it make it a classic game with an in depth storyline that keeps you hooked, but it would also attract people who want to play for 10 mins before they go out etc. As someone said, a few side storylines would help this, as well as more extras.
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:50
Regular
I would like to see Ryo being able to intimately interact with prostitutes.
No, seriously!
Mon 13/01/03 at 00:56
Regular
>Shenmue III ideas?

Can it
Mon 23/12/02 at 13:13
Regular
"All about the Beats"
hehe, no problem dude
Mon 23/12/02 at 12:58
Regular
"bWo > You"
Your perfectly right, but I have played and completed Shenmue II. I actually meant Shenmue III, but due to some stupid mistake with my hands, I missed out a 'I'. So you're quite right, and I'm quite wrong.
Mon 23/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I reckon Wong is Joy's and Ren's love child. Then you find out Joy is Ryo's sister. and then....

And then....

blah blah

Too many ideas floating around

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.