GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Secure or not secure?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/13 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Working within the food retail business these days would seem to give some modicum of job security ... or does it?

Mrs DL arrived home yesterday evening with the news that she has been issued with an 'at risk of redundancy' notice and that the 1-1 meeting was today. Her 30 day consultation period starts as of now!

Mrs DL has worked as a Cash Office Manager/Supervisor for nearly 26 years in a supermarket building that has been frequently altered internally and in ownership ... it is now owned by Morrisons.

Morrisons are now making this position redundant throughout all their stores due to IT improvements and company infrastructure.

This may help Ken increase his millions but now means that the only income in our house is my ill-health pension ... not a lot to look forward to, at least she wasn't told just before Christmas as I was 2 years ago ...thanks for that Ken xx
Wed 10/04/13 at 23:02
"possibly impossible"
Sorry to hear about Mrs DL, it seems nowhere is safe at the moment.

I used to work at Gateway before it became Somerfield, then worked at Somerfield in another town before it became a Co-op. that's progress for you. I sometimes wonder, though...
Wed 10/04/13 at 21:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
I\'m really sorry to hear this DL. I feel terrible for Mrs DL after working there for so many years.

Blimey that\'s quite a history of stores, I don\'t even remember Presto. I did use to work for Safeway before it became a Morrisons, but that was over 15 years ago.

I hope Mrs DL is doing okay. It looks like it was a big part of her life.

Thanks Machie ... the birth of our second son, he actually started out at 'The Halifax' before the change of venue :¬)

Presto bought Safeway, but because Safeway was 'considered' a more upmarket name ... it was retained as such.
Wed 10/04/13 at 21:23
Regular
I'm really sorry to hear this DL. I feel terrible for Mrs DL after working there for so many years.

Blimey that's quite a history of stores, I don't even remember Presto. I did use to work for Safeway before it became a Morrisons, but that was over 15 years ago.

I hope Mrs DL is doing okay. It looks like it was a big part of her life.
Wed 10/04/13 at 21:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Addendum:

Thanks to all of you that have 'viewed' this thread and many thanks to all of you that have supported KeyMarkets, Presto, Safeway and Morrisons during the past 26 years ... you have all helped.
Wed 10/04/13 at 21:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Many thanks pete ... but I don't know where we go from here at the moment
Wed 10/04/13 at 20:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Really sorry to hear this DL, very best of luck getting things sorted.
Wed 10/04/13 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Working within the food retail business these days would seem to give some modicum of job security ... or does it?

Mrs DL arrived home yesterday evening with the news that she has been issued with an 'at risk of redundancy' notice and that the 1-1 meeting was today. Her 30 day consultation period starts as of now!

Mrs DL has worked as a Cash Office Manager/Supervisor for nearly 26 years in a supermarket building that has been frequently altered internally and in ownership ... it is now owned by Morrisons.

Morrisons are now making this position redundant throughout all their stores due to IT improvements and company infrastructure.

This may help Ken increase his millions but now means that the only income in our house is my ill-health pension ... not a lot to look forward to, at least she wasn't told just before Christmas as I was 2 years ago ...thanks for that Ken xx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.