GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box, is it just a slimmed down PC????? Post ur ideas here!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
X-box, is it just a slimmed down PC????? In my opinion the X-box is just a slimmed down PC, as if you own the newest graphic cards e.t.c. and down load an emulator you can easilly play X-box games for virtually free, AND do everything else a PC does do!!!!
Thu 07/03/02 at 18:42
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
People probably just thought X-Box is a PC because it has specifications as good as midrange PC's - so the hardware can be programmed to produce some stunning titles. As seen by the launch line up, and titles from other consoles dramitaclly improved.

Outlaw.
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:37
Regular
"BOSE"
now that i agree with :D

people have been dissing the xbox calling it a pc but now they've been prooved wrong :)
Tue 05/03/02 at 19:59
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Right then...

NO, the XBox is not a slimlined "PC in a box". Yes, it is made from PC components, but that does not make it a PC.

If you want to call XBox a PC, lets look at the core components:

- GPU
- CPU
- Sound chip
- Memory
- DVD drive
- Data Storage (either memory card or HD (HD coming to PS2 soon))

OK then, so that makes the PS2 and the Gamecube a PC in a box too, right? Wrong.

The XBox is a thoroughbred games console, just like the PS2 and Gamecube - well, Gamecube anyway ;o)
Fri 01/03/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well we get so many rabid Nintendo Gamecube fans on here making such stupid claims about the Xbox that its hard to tell whose being sarcastic anymore......
Fri 01/03/02 at 09:11
Do you always have to put a ;) on a wink to show sarcasm? Use your eyes people!
Thu 28/02/02 at 21:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> I have said it once and I will say it again - muppet.

Outlaw.

Indeed.....A complete Kermit of the highest degree.
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:23
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I have said it once and I will say it again - muppet.

Outlaw.
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:35
GrimMetal wrote:
> It is so! The XBox is heavier than my dads mates sons work server, my sister
> said so!

Maybe he's running it on a Compaq Ipaq?
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Is not ! ::stamps feet::

Aaaaaaanyway. Your sister obviously isn't the best source of info in this matter mate. ;-)
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:11
It is so! The XBox is heavier than my dads mates sons work server, my sister said so!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.